VATSIM.net

VATSIM's Global Discussion Community
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:11 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: ILS frequencies
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:09 pm 

Is there a website that has a downloadable list of all ILS frequencies used in Flight Simulator. I know clearanceunlimited.com used to have this, but their website is down.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:24 am 

If you know the airports you're going to, you can go to www.airnav.com and you can download the approach, SID, and STAR plates for each airport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:31 am 

Hi,

there's another thread in this part of the forum, linking all known websites for charts! Please check it out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:26 pm 

MyAirplane.com

An absolutely fantasitc site!

Just wish their High and Low level enroute charts were easier to read.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:53 pm 

I may be new, but the replys don't answer the question. I too am hoping for downloadable lists so I don't have to create my database from scratch. I think it was FS2000 or 2002 where I could extract all the info I needed, but not with FS2004.

Regards,

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:08 pm 

Joseph Cardana 934702 wrote:
I may be new, but the replys don't answer the question. I too am hoping for downloadable lists so I don't have to create my database from scratch. I think it was FS2000 or 2002 where I could extract all the info I needed, but not with FS2004.

Regards,

Joe

Actually, Joseph, they do :) Myairplane.com has a list of ALL instrument approaches for US airports (this includes the ILS ones being asked about). All one needs to do is enter the airport ICAO code (eg KMSP for Minneapolis International) and you will be presented with a list of all the instrument approaches for the KMSP runways. Click on the one you want (if ILS is what you want, then you can click on ILS 12R - or which ever runway you want) and you will have the chart showing the ILS frequency, approach course, waypoints along the approach, and more. Check it out to see for yourself :wink:

And with that you won't have to make your own "ILS database" from scratch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:14 pm 

I suppose I just read the request differently and with a different purpose in mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:18 pm 

Joseph Cardana 934702 wrote:
I suppose I just read the request differently and with a different purpose in mind.

Maybe the difficulty exists because of an inability to fathom why you would need to create such a database with all of the references currently available. I know exactly what you are talking about but I have never seen such a list and for the life of me, wouldn't understand why one would need to be developed.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:12 pm 

My original question was whether or not there was a site that had a list of all ILS frequencies that I could download and print out.
The reason is that I do not want to go to the web while flying, as that will pause flight simulator. And of course I always try to have this information prior to the flight, but you never know when things will change.
I don't have modules or add-ons (such as FSNavigator), so I just wanted a handy printout.
I used to have one from clearanceunlimited.com, but I think I threw it out and their website is no longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:29 pm 

This information can change often. One thing you could do would be to go to the web prior to a flight, look up the airports you'll be flying to, and quickly jot down the ILS information. :) Not ideal, but probably no slower than digging through a 30 page list of ILS freqs. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:13 pm 

Kyle Sipples 932159 wrote:
The reason is that I do not want to go to the web while flying, as that will pause flight simulator.

No it won't. Go into the Options menu and disable "Pause on Task Switch." Then you can tab out to different programs/windows all you like while the flight keeps going.