By Triebel Karl 1105294
#292858 Evan Thrams

I initially had the same problem and I also have Vista 64.

On the windows page, click on "show all platform" or something to that effect.

The second one listed says x64 instead of x86 --- download and run that hotfix.
By Andrey Loboda 1105838
#293442 I am running window vista 64bit..... this didnt resolve the problem for me. it says One or more files were not unzipped.. error code 40.

I also tried Triebel Karl 1105294 solution it didnt work.

Can anyone help me?

edit: also my AV is system suite 9
By Christopher Siegrist 1103897
#300670 I run Vista 32bit and it still doesnt work.
Last edited by Christopher Siegrist 1103897 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Joaquin Blanco 860975
#300704 Had a similar problem when I first installed sim on Vista 32. Sorted it by creating exceptions
in my firewall (Windows firewall) and antivirus (Avast professional). Also don't forget to reboot
your PC immediately after you make these changes to your firewall/antivirus.
It's basically an OS security problem and not that of the pilot clent.

If you use FSInn these are the executables that could possibly be blocked.

FSFDTCP.exe
FSInnUI.exe
FSInnUIVVL.exe
FWINN.exe

Before you carry out the above, I would advise you to download and install Vista SP2.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... layLang=en
You may find that after doing so this problem will be non-existent and in addition will almost certainly increase PC/OS
performance; how much will depend on your kit.

Best of luck and do tell us if you manage to overcome this problem.
By Christopher Siegrist 1103897
Joaquin Blanco 860975 wrote:Had a similar problem when I first installed sim on Vista 32. Sorted it by creating exceptions
in my firewall (Windows firewall) and antivirus (Avast professional). Also don't forget to reboot
your PC immediately after you make these changes to your firewall/antivirus.
It's basically an OS security problem and not that of the pilot clent.

If you use FSInn these are the executables that could possibly be blocked.

FSFDTCP.exe
FSInnUI.exe
FSInnUIVVL.exe
FWINN.exe

Before you carry out the above, I would advise you to download and install Vista SP2.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... layLang=en
You may find that after doing so this problem will be non-existent and in addition will almost certainly increase PC/OS
performance; how much will depend on your kit.

Best of luck and do tell us if you manage to overcome this problem.

Did install Vista SP2 with the Hotfix and now it works perfect!
By Rohan Nair 1121915
#314192 Hi,
I tried downloading the hotfix but it wont download. They sent it to my e-mail account and I clicked the link but it shows that the page can't be displayed. I did this twice and got the same result. Can someone e-mail me the hotfix with that password thing?
Thnx
By Larry James 901346
Gabriel Yuras 1073365 wrote:I did it and Worked great for me. Still having problems with AERO and FS2004 en windowed mode, but.. getting better.

Thanks a lot.

If somebody needs the fix, mail me and i´ll send it.

Disable desktop composition in from the compatibility tab of the fs9.exe properties.

There would equally be a problem with FSX, but FSX disables it automatically.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames@apollo3.com
http://www.apollo3.com/~ljames
By Joshua Black 988581
#317536 Downloading Vista SP2 did the trick for me. It solved my traffic issue as well as fixed some other minor bugs.
By Lester Lee 1028729
#321706 Hey guys,

Desperately need help here.
I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, not sure how many bit, how do I check? Seems like 32 bit.
I am using Squawkbox on FS9, and I can't seem to see any traffic at all even when they exist whenever I fly. Can anyone help?
I have Norton and I tried disabling it already.
By Morten Jelle 1012739
#329183 Is it possible to get this hotfix for Windows 7? I have problems with seeing other aircrafts. Today in LHR i only saw 2 out of 4. :cry: