By Anders Henriksen 1018158
#389840 Hello all,

The "VATSIM official" update 2010 for ServInfo is now ready and can be downloaded here: http://www.vatsim-scandinavia.org/downloads/ServInfo_2010_VATSIM_update.rar

Please make a backup of your ServInfo.dat & fir.dat files before you do anything. Then, simply unrar the download in your ServInfo installation folder and click yes on questions regarding overwriting existing files.

These countries/sectors have been updated this time:

* Africa
* Alaska
* Bangladesh
* Belgium
* Brazil
* Bulgaria
* Canada
* Carribian
* China
* Czech Republic
* Dakar
* Emirates
* EuroControl
* France
* Finland
* Greenland
* Germany
* Iceland
* Ireland
* Italy
* Latvia
* Lithuania
* Luxembourg
* Norway
* Netherlands
* Oceania
* Portugal
* Russia
* Sweden
* Thailand
* United Kingdom
* USA
and 170 new airlines.

Thanks to all that has contributed with updates!

-----------------
Regards,
Anders Henriksen
Director of Norway FIR - VACC Scandinavia
VATSIM Supervisor
Last edited by Norman Blackburn 870575 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Updated link
By Anthony Baker 1080999
#389880 is there an update for vatspy or ther other viewers?
By Miguel Frias 1107190
#390182 A problem I have found... when LFUP_CTR is online it is showing as EURW only covering all France. Probably if LFUP_CTR appears before Eurocontrol it will work. But only when EURW is not online.

If EURW is online and LFUP isn't then the airspace will be shown correctly but EURW will show as covering LPPC+LECM+LECB and it will show LFUP covering the rest.

This means that there is not direct solution for overlapping FIRs except order them from smaller to bigger (LFUP before EUR). This applies for the Italy upper airspace as well.

Miguel
By Sebastien Bartosz 1053857
Miguel Frias 1107190 wrote:A problem I have found... when LFUP_CTR is online it is showing as EURW only covering all France. Probably if LFUP_CTR appears before Eurocontrol it will work. But only when EURW is not online.

If EURW is online and LFUP isn't then the airspace will be shown correctly but EURW will show as covering LPPC+LECM+LECB and it will show LFUP covering the rest.

This means that there is not direct solution for overlapping FIRs except order them from smaller to bigger (LFUP before EUR). This applies for the Italy upper airspace as well.

Miguel

Hi, Miguel,
for LFUP to work properly, you could declare it before the EUC sectors in the servinfo.dat file. Thats what we did, and that's when it worked fine. But when EURW is open (and LFUP is closed) it shows LFUP and EURW online, and when you put your mouse over LFUP, nothing happens. Same thing for LIUP / EURS I would suppose..

I think the best solution would be to declare LFUP (and LIUP) as FIR's.

Anders, what do you think ?
If you found a solution, would a "mini update" be possible?

Thanks,

EDIT: Same problem for LFFM France Military (as it has the same definitions as LFUP).
By Miguel Frias 1107190
#390198 Same thing happens for subsectors of Spain:

LECM_C_CTR overlapping LECS_CTR (Sevilla Control)
LECB_N_CTR overlaping LECL_CTR (Valencia) and LECP_CTR (Palma Control)

When these overlapping FIRs are online they show as covering the whole FIR.

Miguel
By Rahul Parkar 1105594
#390515 Jason,

You don't, :) This update is for the program ServInfo only... You can get that at AVSIM by searching for ServInfo :)

Rahul
By Ross Carlson 887155
#390518 Anders, your original request for data mentioned that you would be providing the files for VAT-Spy as well. Is that still the plan? Let me know, and I can update the VAT-Spy installer.

Thanks very much for doing this work!