VATSIM.net

VATSIM's Global Discussion Community
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:45 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:15 pm
Posts: 2
Hi im new to VATSIM and i don't know how to listen to TWR ATC when im observing i've followed the instructions on VATSIM UK and i still cant hear them and i can't figure out how to find vox server and when i tick the RX box (on the comms pannel) and then tick the HDST it says text only and ive tried different controlers and they all do the same when i click HDST (ive also tried the SPKR option) Please reply or email me at brannyt1@hotmail.com :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:15 am
Posts: 1428
Location: Nashville, TN
It sounds like you're using VRC. You can right click on a controller in the controller list and choose "Request ATIS". The system will send you a PM from that controller with his ATIS information.


For example, from LA Tower It will look like:

rw.liveatc.net/121.65

So in VRC channel setup, you'd enter:

Name: LAX_TWR
Frequency: 121.650
Voice Server: rw.liveatc.net
VOX channel: 121.65

Save it, check the receive and headset checkboxes and you should be good to go.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:15 pm
Posts: 2
Thanks alot tha realy helped :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:30 pm
Posts: 92
Location: USA
If you only want to listen to one controller, you can right click them and hit monitor, but you can only monitor 1 controller at a time.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:30 pm
Posts: 1138
Location: Canada
No, you can monitor as many controllers as the comms panel allows :)
I've monitered EURW_FSS, CZQX_N_FSS, LFPG_APP all at once while controlling as LFPG_TWR !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:45 am
Posts: 345
Location: Goshen, Indiana
Sebastien Bartosz 1053857 wrote:
No, you can monitor as many controllers as the comms panel allows :)
I've monitered EURW_FSS, CZQX_N_FSS, LFPG_APP all at once while controlling as LFPG_TWR !



I think he meant by right clicking and clicking monitor :)

_________________
Michael D. Hodge Jr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:30 pm
Posts: 1138
Location: Canada
Oh yea, maybe...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 5:15 pm
Posts: 891
Wade Williams 877539 wrote:
It sounds like you're using VRC. You can right click on a controller in the controller list and choose "Request ATIS". The system will send you a PM from that controller with his ATIS information.


For example, from LA Tower It will look like:

rw.liveatc.net/121.65

So in VRC channel setup, you'd enter:

Name: LAX_TWR
Frequency: 121.650
Voice Server: rw.liveatc.net
VOX channel: 121.65

Save it, check the receive and headset checkboxes and you should be good to go.


As you used the VATSIM-UK site to get started, I'd assume you're interested in observing in Europe, if that's the case Wade's post still applies but bear in mind that over here the VOX channel will usually be the position callsign NOT the frequency, VOX channel: EGLL_TWR or whatever you're listening to.

_________________
Gunnar Lindahl
Senior Controller (C3), VATSIM-UK


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:37 am
Posts: 7223
Location: Vermont, USA
The VOX channel in the US is usually the callsign as well. LA is one of the few (perhaps the only?) US ARTCCs that uses the frequency. Some places, such as ZBW, use a combination of the facility and the frequency, such as ZBW_134.700 for center, and A90_120.600 for one of the Boston approach sectors. If everyone used just the frequency, we'd definitely run into conflicts.

_________________
Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy
Senior Controller, Boston ARTCC
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 5:15 pm
Posts: 891
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:
The VOX channel in the US is usually the callsign as well. LA is one of the few (perhaps the only?) US ARTCCs that uses the frequency. Some places, such as ZBW, use a combination of the facility and the frequency, such as ZBW_134.700 for center, and A90_120.600 for one of the Boston approach sectors. If everyone used just the frequency, we'd definitely run into conflicts.


Fair enough :) Well whatever you get after the / when you fetch their ATIS... so rw.liveatc.net/EGLL_TWR means your VOX Channel should be EGLL_TWR.

_________________
Gunnar Lindahl
Senior Controller (C3), VATSIM-UK


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group