VATSIM.net

VATSIM's Global Discussion Community
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: B767 Level D FMC
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:26 pm 

On the B767 Level D,
Sometimes when I go to the INIT REF, and insert the GW, which I get from the payload of the aircraft, “Actual GW”, it gives me a message saying “ Invalid. If I add the number keep saying invalid, I try to reduce the number, and it takes the new number after few try reducing the number, not the actual weight. Why is that? Anybody had this issue before?

Post subject: Re: B767 Level D FMC
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:55 pm 

Hi,

It sounds like your aircraft is set up for KGs and you're entering Lbs, or vice versa. Make sure the payload manager and the Level D Options are both set to Lbs or KGs.

Hope that helps.

1000z - 2000z on both days
Book flights here: Saturday 16th August & Sunday 17th August

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:43 pm 

Try adding the Zero Fuel Weight first. The others will be added automatically. It does for me anyway. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:29 am 

2 Reasons:

LBS vs KG as stated earlier. or:

you are overweight (maybe you left fuel at 100%/are parked at one of those silly fuel bowsers in FS that fill all your tanks instantly as soon as you get within x feet of them) and the FMC is saying your Gross weight is actually too high for takeoff. (Planes weight + Passengers and cargo + fuel = more than MTOW = Invalid Weight Error)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:21 am 

To be precise, I’ve had 40,000 lb of fuel on board, GW reads let’s say 333154, if I pinch in the GW the number 333.1, it’ll say invalid weight, I reduce the number “Not the actual load” I was able to let it take it when I reached 318.0.
LOL...i know them fuel parking areas...lol it's not the case though................but ain't that great, just to park near a gas station and they just fill you up??~~@!
And yes, I’ve checked the weight measuring systems, and made sure both were reading LB, also, I’ve tried to add the ZFW 1st, but it won’t take it
Still messing up around with it, hoping I’ll find the reason, I’ll post the solution if I ever gonna stumbled into it….
:wink:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:08 am 

Are you using the Level-D Load Manager software for your weight management? if so are you saving the settings before starting Flightsim?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:15 am 

i always enter ZFW instead of GW. i think the manual actually tells you to use ZFW instead, the system will know your GW from the ZFW you enter

if you are using FSpax, i dont know why, but the level D wont accept any of the high ZFW's it gives when you are fully loaded.

436th AW 9th AS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:46 am 

Sean Robson 863381 wrote:
Are you using the Level-D Load Manager software for your weight management? if so are you saving the settings before starting Flightsim?

yes, i use the load manager and then save then i start the FS

Ernesto Alvarez 818262 wrote:
i always enter ZFW instead of GW. i think the manual actually tells you to use ZFW instead, the system will know your GW from the ZFW you enter

if you are using FSpax, i don’t know why, but the level D won’t accept any of the high ZFW's it gives when you are fully loaded.

well, i guess it won't matter which one you put 1st, as long as it's the GW minus the Fuel, so the system will do that, if you put the GW 1st, it'll deduct the fuel and it comes the ZFW, and if you put the ZFW it'll add the fuel and it'll be GW

and no I’m not using the FSPAX.

And I believe I figured out the problem, if you go the load manager, and look up there, a drop down list of select basic aircraft configuration, it shows empty, short haul and long haul flight.

If you set it up to empty or short haul, the configuration will be set for a certain weight, and if you exceed that, it won’t take your GW or ZFW that you put in, it might sound weird, cause you’ll be looking to your payload and everything looks just fine, and nothing is overweight, that’s true, but it’s not the configuration that you selected from the basic aircraft configuration. So to skip that from happening all the times, and put you completely in control of managing your Payload and fuel, it should be set on Long Haul flight, like that, the configuration, will be set for the MTOW, once you do that, you can add as much fuel and payload as you can, as long as it’ won’t exceed the MTOW and for sure, it won’t be more than the maximum landing weight at your destination.

:) I appreciate all your help guys
Fly safe and have fun