You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Problem with aircraft performance data

Thomas Purbs 943647

Thomas Purbs 943647
Posted
Posted

I try to simulate VFR traffic with the new version, but I have problems with the speeds:

I am trying to simulate a C172, but it´s only flying around 60 kts in 1000 ft, and that wouldn´t be much more in higher altitudes (normal speed should be around 110 kts I think).

I tried to override the built-in data, but it doesn´t change anything.

My data:

PERFAC:C172
PERFLINE:010:100:120:090:0:0:0:1000:0800
PERFLINE:020:100:120:110:0:0:0:0800:0800
PERFLINE:030:110:120:110:0:0:0:0700:0800
PERFLINE:040:110:120:120:0:0:0:0600:0800
PERFLINE:070:110:120:120:0:0:0:0500:0800

Same with a test with B190, also too slow and also not overridable.

943647.gif

Thomas Purbs 943647
Posted
Posted

No answer?

I tested this with an ASE-generated simulation with changed performance data, and have the same problem.

Is this already copied and will be fixed hopefully?

943647.gif

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Thomas,

I will test it at the weekend (I do not have time enough on weekdays). I can imagine that another feature may cause problems here. There is a random value generated for the AC that is added to the actual requested speed. Just to fly the AC a bit randomly. This value is from a fixed range (-20 to +20 KTS) that was set when there was no performance data. I should set it to relative depending on the performance.

I will check.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Thomas Purbs 943647
Posted
Posted

That´s wonderful.

Just take the time needed to solve the problem.

943647.gif

Tim Murphy
Posted
Posted

I have a question. What do you mean when you simulate traffic? Would it be offline, or on a sweatbox server similar to those training sessions?

I know ES allows you to simulate traffic of aircrafts outside your vis range. Is this similar? A questions about the simulated traffic out of your vis range is what is the benefit?

It sounds interesting!

Thanks,

Tim

Help a newbie!

http://czqm.ca

QM/QX Instructor

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted
I have a question. What do you mean when you simulate traffic? Would it be offline, or on a sweatbox server similar to those training sessions?

We mean the built-in simulator of EuroScope here.

I know ES allows you to simulate traffic of aircrafts outside your vis range. Is this similar? A questions about the simulated traffic out of your vis range is what is the benefit?

This is a different function. ES downloads ServInfo-data to display planes out of your range. This is called "simulated traffic". It allows you to plan ahead better and you do not have to use another program to view the inbound traffic to your airport.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Fixed. The default IAS variation is the minimum IAS / 20. Also there is a new option in the scenario file IASVARIATION: where you can override the default. can be between 0 and 20.

It will be available in the patch.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer