You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Virtual Air Canada Down...Again

Malcolm Dix 1091898

Malcolm Dix 1091898
Posted
Posted

Hey everybody. I'm a new pilot in the area and just wanted to say hi. Also, VAC is down right now. You can't bid for a flight because they haven't updated there system for 2010. Hopefully it will be back up soon.

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted

They're lucky they have a community to hold them up. I had a lost application and another application that took forever to process, and their website looks like there have been zero changes since a year ago. Hope they get their system back up, and hope they get their stuff together. They've been dieing a slow painful death for a while.

Jody Turner - I1

Toronto FIR - Facility Engineer

8942.png

Robbie Nauffts 1045788
Posted
Posted

Their forums are still pretty active, however if you are applying, don't apply for the TO HUB as it is overwhelmed. You can still fly anywhere though from any hub.

BE4SQyR.jpg

“Aviation is not inherently dangerous, but it is terribly unforgiving.”

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

I know at one time, I had applied with them and never received an answer one way or another.

In the end, it probably worked out for the best as I did manage to find another VA that suited my needs.

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

Michael Avila 1077868
Posted
Posted

We should have the flights up soon, problem is only one person has the info and he has been MIA. I applied to the YYZ hub and got accepted in 3 days although this isn't the case from many people. I must saw we are still very much alive but there is work to do.

6078501976_546409509a_o.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board of Governors
Tim Barber
Posted
Posted

If I might suggest...

Canadian Airlines Virtual (http://www.FlyCAV.com) started off 2010 with a brand new flight schedule to destinations around the world! We credit hours for proven experience with other VA's and on VATSIM, and are actively working at expanding our pilot ranks.

Come visit our website for more information!

CDN003.png

Tim Barber

VATSIM President

Michael Avila 1077868
Posted
Posted

And We are back up and running

6078501976_546409509a_o.png