You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Anybody ever had this??

Aydin Vincent 1117714

Aydin Vincent 1117714
Posted
Posted

Well as you all know certain parts of the UK is being hit with a snow storm, especially the South which is where im from. Anyway set up my aircraft form cold and dark etc, Left Manchester at about 20:00 for Munich, just about to cross the channel, POWER CUT! Arghhhh

ryrvirtual2.png

Gregory McClarnon 946953
Posted
Posted

Oh yes, don't you love that.

Happened to me going from London to Florida, a few years a go. I hit the US and powercut! It wasn't even a proper one, only lasted for 10-15 minutes, grrr.

generate.php?mid=687

Billy Murphy 986219
Posted
Posted

The worst is when it only cuts for 10 seconds but it may aswell be 2 hours. A powercut is a power cut!

• 1 month later...
Andy McCall
Posted
Posted

I was VERY lucky on the recent BAV Overnighters event from Hong Kong - I landed at Heathrow at just after 0535z, power cut at 0544z!!

Cheers

Andy McCall

S3

UK

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

Quite annoying when it happens...at least until I got my laptop. Power goes out, meh. I lose my internet connection, but at least I have some extra battery power left to finish off a flight if I'm close enough.

Joshua Black

Oliver Smith
Posted
Posted

I would suggest investing in a UPS, removes the problem of those short power cuts (very common in Italy if I may add )

siggy.png

• 2 weeks later...
Billy Murphy 986219
Posted
Posted

I have one of those, where I live there are very in Tenerife also. But on this one occasion, where the power cut for about a second it didn't save me.

• 5 months later...
Ali Pourfatehian 1121424
Posted
Posted

power cuts make you mad but internet connection loss makes you furious