You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC Colours not showing correctly

Ray Lang

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted

I have a problem with VRC not reading the #define command in the sector file

I have the coast lines set to white and is shown in the sector file as #define white 16777215.

I shut down VRC and reload the sector file and the coastlines are in yellow.

I have run Euroscope 3.1 to check the sector file and it showing the colours correctly.

I'm using VRC 1.2.1a and i have gone back to and early version of vrc still the same problem.

Would like some advice in getting this solve.

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

Pacific Oceanic Partnership Admin

Have a question? Email [email protected]

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I have a problem with VRC not reading the #define command in the sector file

I have the coast lines set to white and is shown in the sector file as #define white 16777215.

I shut down VRC and reload the sector file and the coastlines are in yellow.

I have run Euroscope 3.1 to check the sector file and it showing the colours correctly.

I'm using VRC 1.2.1a and i have gone back to and early version of vrc still the same problem.

Would like some advice in getting this solve.

If you can post the URL where I can download the sector file, I'll check it out.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the reply Ross. The sector file can be download from the VATNZ site http://www.vatnz.net/cms/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=63.

I have the same problem with the world sector map that I use as a Supervisor. The sector files looks ok to me Ross. I was running the very latest video

drivers for my card ATI Radeon 9550 X1050 Series but run into a exception handle error when loading up VRC for the first time. I roll back the video drivers to

and early version and VRC loaded up find.

2010-01-0708-06-41-87.jpg

2010-01-0708-05-04-12.jpg

Ross you can see by the above pictures New Zealand coast starts off white and then goes purple, the first picture is the Supervisor world sector map and it showing the coast lines yellow instead of white for both pictures. I have check out both sector files in Euroscope and it showing the colours correctly.

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I see multiple files at that URL. Can you give me the direct URL to the sector file in question?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I loaded that sector file, and it looks like that's the one in your second screenshot above. Where can I get the one in the first shot? (That's the one you are having trouble with, right?)

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted
I loaded that sector file, and it looks like that's the one in your second screenshot above. Where can I get the one in the first shot? (That's the one you are having trouble with, right?)

I'm having problems with both sector files Ross. The first sector file is the sector that Vatsim Supervisors use (World Sector).

I'm just wondering if it not VRC but my video drivers i cant run the latest drivers because of the exception handle error on loading vrc.

As I mention Ross within Euroscope it showing the colours correctly.

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Ahh, okay, I got ya. I misunderstood.

My best guess is that it is a video driver issue, since the world file works fine on most machines, including the two I just tested it on, which are both win7 machines, one with NVidia hardware (latest driver) and one with Intel graphics. I'm guessing the reason it works on Euroscope is because I believe it uses a different rendering engine, and thus a different driver. (Or at least a very different part of the video driver.)