You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Super Bowl 2010!

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Is the event Friday evening or Saturday evening? (Just want to make sure since Feb 6 at 0000Z puts the event on Friday evening.)

Edit: The email I got after I registered clears it up. It says my expected arrival time is Feb 7 at 02:30 GMT, so the event must be on Saturday evening.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

The event is Saturday evening. To my knowledge over $1000 USD in prizes will be given away to participants.

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
We in the east coast always seem to have this problem, which is why we always put a local time zone in as well.

Putting the local time zone is half the battle ... putting the local date is the other half.

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted

Booked

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

VATSIM Africa Middle East

http://www.vatame.net

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

• 3 weeks later...
Nicholas Taylor 1104922
Posted
Posted
We in the east coast always seem to have this problem, which is why we always put a local time zone in as well. The event is Saturday, February 6th, from 7PM Eastern to 11PM Eastern. Converted to Zulu, its February 7th, from 0000Z to 0400Z.

... February 6th, from 0000Z to 0400Z (7PM Eastern to 11PM Eastern) ...

And yes, we did just break the $1000 dollar mark on our donated prizes, so be sure to register today!

Ok, I'm confused. The initial posting says February 6th 0000Z-0400Z which is a Friday night from 7-11 EST. But the graphic says it's really February 6th 7-12PM EST which is February 7th 0000Z-0500Z. Could you please clarify so I don't miss out on this great event?

Nicholas Taylor

vZAU INS

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Ok, I'm confused. The initial posting says February 6th 0000Z-0400Z which is a Friday night from 7-11 EST. But the graphic says it's really February 6th 7-12PM EST which is February 7th 0000Z-0500Z. Could you please clarify so I don't miss out on this great event?

The first few replies in this thread clear it up. The event is Saturday evening 7 to 11 PM eastern. (The graphic is correct, the text is wrong/misleading.)