You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Problem with Stanby aircraft

Felipe Santos 1139243

Felipe Santos 1139243
Posted
Posted

Hello i've got a problem here. Standby aircraft on the ground only showing up with a small circle on the radar scope. I had read somewhere that this small circle means that the aircraft is flying with a standby mode transponder. But actually they are grounded and calls me asking for clearence delevery or permission to taxi. I think maybe this thing occurs becouse the altitude stated on the sector file is lower than the actual pilot's scenery so the ES thinks that the guy is fling when he is actualy well grounded. Got a solution by messing with the radar modes and checking unchecking the boxes of "Show squawk stby aircraft" and "show squawk A+C aircraft" but when I close and open the ES the same thing is there and now I can't find a way work it out.

Is there any way to turn this feathure of or am I missing something?

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

We have one more such report. Still testing it. Can you give us your sct/ese file for a test?

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

May not be related, but......

- When offline, checking traffic, using Show simulated traffic, Sq-stby a/c does not display anything but a white dot, regardless of level filter settings

- When connected, their tags displays immediately as normal

All this in Easy mode.

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC

Felipe Santos 1139243
Posted
Posted

It could be becouse I was not connect but noticed the same thing while online. How can I post the sector file here?

Karl Kornel 964857
Posted
Posted
It could be becouse I was not connect but noticed the same thing while online. How can I post the sector file here?

In some other threads Todor has posted an email address you can use. As another option: You can go to http://drop.io. That site will allow you to upload up to 100 MB of data for others to access. Yoiu will get a URL (something like http://drop.io/sdfmlksd) that you can post. If you do not want the upload to live forever, then click on "Additional Options" (above the big green button) and select an appropriate expiration date.

A. Karl Kornel - vZID C1, FE, and Mentor

Smoke Bomb! POOF

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted
May not be related, but......

- When offline, checking traffic, using Show simulated traffic, Sq-stby a/c does not display anything but a white dot, regardless of level filter settings

- When connected, their tags displays immediately as normal

When I display the simulated traffic then these are just FP tracks. It has no meaning to check their SQ status as there are no secondary radar positions available. There are simulated and non simulated (not started or terminated) FP tracks only.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

You can reach me at xumepoc(_at_)abv(dot).bg