You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Squawk Box on X-Plane

Iain Abel 1140027

Iain Abel 1140027
Posted
Posted

Well, im using the latest squawkbox on the latest x-plane. When i go into x-plane and turn squawkbox on, it tells me that i need to change the number of aircraft in rendering setting or something. I go into Rendering options but i cant find anything that would do it, can anyone help?

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

I think it might rather be under "aircraft and situations" or something like that, but I have no access to X-Plane right now, so it's just by heart. If you browse through the different XP menus, you'll find it for sure.

Alex

gen.php?img=_5_1&cid=899395

• 2 weeks later...
Marshall Fordon 1126797
Posted
Posted

Yo, I have been having some trouble with downloading and XSB and linking it into XPlane9. I have a mac if that causes any trouble, but I don't think it does. I have copied the XSB download into the Plugins folder and when I opened the plugins folder i didn't get anything. I then tried to copy the XSB download into the plugin admin folder, I tried to open it in XPlane and I didn't get anything again. I sure could use some help. Thanks

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Marshall,

You must copy the CONTENTS of the "for plugins folder to your X-plane/Resources/Plugins directory. The files to be copied are the XSquawkBox Resources folder, and the XSquawkBox_VATSIM.xpl file, which is the actual plugin. If you start X-plane and don't have an XSquawkBox menu item under "Plugins" then you have not done it correctly.

Marshall Fordon 1126797
Posted
Posted

When I looked at the xsquakbox download, it only had the resources folder and nothing else. IDK what happened. should I download xsb again?

Marshall Fordon 1126797
Posted
Posted

When I looked at the xsquakbox download, it only had the resources folder and nothing else. IDK what happened. should I download xsb again?

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

The download definitely includes the plugin. I would download again.