You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SECTOR in ese. Is it possible?

Kevin Kan

Kevin Kan
Posted
Posted

SECTOR:NY_MIP_CTR:0:24000

OWNER:B3:B4

BORDER:KNDMIP_CTR_SCL:HAR_MIP_CTR_SCL:CLEMIP_SWSIDE_SCL:AREA_D_CLE_HI_SCL:CLEMIP_NSIDE_SCL:MIPULW_CTR_SCL

SECTOR:NY_MIP_CTR:24001:60000

OWNER:B4

BORDER:KNDMIP_CTR_SCL:HAR_MIP_CTR_SCL:CLEMIP_SWSIDE_SCL:AREA_D_CLE_HI_SCL:CLEMIP_NSIDE_SCL:MIPULW_CTR_SCL

Will ES just stop searching after it sees the first NY_MIP_CTR? I used the same name because this is only a altitude split but in the same area. If the B3 controller is not on then the B4 controller will [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume both HI and LO portions of that sector. Is this possible or must I name it something else?

1723.png

atc2o.png

Like my GOAT? Too bad, it's mine.

My airline flying at the speed of normal

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Should be possible, at least it is when they are covered by the same controller. Not sure if I ever tried it with different controllers. However you won't be able to select the sectors individually in the manual ownership dialog, so maybe that is a reason why you should consider a different naming.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

You have to rename them, this is what ES reads:

B3 online (or B4) -> [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning sector NY_MIP_CTR -> stop loop....

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

There is no real code that looks the sector by name. Only if you would like to switch it on in the Display Settings dialog. Therefore the duplicate name should not cause any problem for the code. Probably you will not be able to use the manual configuration dialog easily.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Kevin Kan
Posted
Posted

ok thank you.

1723.png

atc2o.png

Like my GOAT? Too bad, it's mine.

My airline flying at the speed of normal