You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Biggin Hill Airport SIDs

RICHARD KEEN 937253

RICHARD KEEN 937253
Posted
Posted

Hi

While controlling Biggin Hill airport i have had to give a few IFR flights the SIDs from Biggin, the trouble unless they are in the aircrafts FMC then they will have trouble finding the charts on line as they are not published , i am at the moment designing the SIDs using a program called FINAL APPROACH 6.50 and hope to have them finished this week , so far i have done the BPK2 , DVR2 and CLN2 SID but in real life the SIDS are ment for JETS and TURBO PROPS only and they follow the standered Noise procedure .

I have tryied to make the charts as easy to follow as i can , i have not included radials etc as sp,e novice pilots may not under stand erm , i will post a screen shot soon of what one looks like and if all goes will i would like to post them on the VATSIM UK web site .

Any feed back welcome

Richard Keen

RICHARD KEEN 937253
Posted
Posted

Hi again

Right heres one of erm , as i have said the routings have been simplyfied for the benifit of novice pilots so theres no radials to fly etc , and i think that its the BIG 1.5 DME instead of the IBGH 1.5 DME but i will have to check that .. its been ages since i worked there so forgive me if its wrong but it will be corrected in the zip file , the shot is a WIP .

KBSID.jpg

Rich

Robert Wright
Posted
Posted

Thats very nice indeed Richard

Will you be covering more airports at a later stage . . . hint . . . hint ?

Rob

Rob

ascii-planes.png

333336.png

Ruth McTighe 824054
Posted
Posted

Looks good Richard. In the text bit of the AIS it does give the routings, but it's much easier with a diagram. Keep up the good work!

Ruth

VATUK2

Ruth McTighe

Heathrow Director, Essex Radar, Thames Radar, London Information

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]t webmistress CIX VFR Club http://www.cixvfrclub.org.uk/

Webmistress Plan-G http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/

Now not a VATanything

Martin Leat 860888
Posted
Posted

Great work !

Martin Leat

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Excellent Work Richard. I think your the controller that I have spoken with a couple of times. I'v been using Biggin as it's not your busiest of Airfields in teh country.

It's a good little hop especially if your a Newbie like what I am. I have final approach, and use the included charts so I can check on airports etc.

Phew, gotta go lunch is calling.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

RICHARD KEEN 937253
Posted
Posted
Thats very nice indeed Richard

Will you be covering more airports at a later stage . . . hint . . . hint ?

Rob

Thanks for the kind words, chears all . Rob .. with regards to doing other airports i dont think i will as most of the UK ones can be downloaded from the AIP, if you dont fancy searching the web for the diffeant charts then can i recommend to commercal Chart programs called SIMCHARTS v3 and SIMPLATES 2004 , i have SIMPLATES 2004 and 3 disc add on so it covers most of the worlds airports , SIMCHARTS v3 on the other hand comes in 2 versions .. 1 region and 3 region installation .. you install the region that you plan on doing your flying in . You get SIDs ,STARS, airport diagrams etc , the only downside is that the data was current to when Flight Sim 2004 was released so its out of date for any real world use and should not be used for real world navigation .

ROB , i am also a member of UKD and my id is 156 , i have only done a few flights as ive only just joined but its fun and i sometimes fly with 106 ( we did a EGJJ to EGKK flight the other day ... wow the wind was bad at Gatwick on the approach and to top that my A/C throttle was acting up ( only had control over one engine , had to click on the other one to move it ) so i had to decleare a PAN PAN PAN and all the other A/C at KK waited till i landed before taking off ).

Rich

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Right Lunch is over, sorry about that I had to dash as it was an office birthday thing.

As I was saying excellent work. I had wondered when creating sids and stars where would you get that information in the first place to help one create a chart for an airport.

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Ruth McTighe 824054
Posted
Posted

Wycliffe,

All UK docomeentation is available from the National Air Traffic Services website. The direct link to all aerodrome and STARS and SIDS charts etc is http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/html/aipad2.htm You will need to register but it's free. As Richard has found, some smaller airports like Biggin Hill don't ahve charts, they just have a text description - I reckon charts are much easier to follow.

Ruth

Ruth McTighe

Heathrow Director, Essex Radar, Thames Radar, London Information

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]t webmistress CIX VFR Club http://www.cixvfrclub.org.uk/

Webmistress Plan-G http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/

Now not a VATanything

Jason Sparkes 841914
Posted
Posted

Does Biggin have any STARS aswell or do they have only the DME/ILS etc etc approaches? as i cant find them like the SIDs you have said.

Jason

RICHARD KEEN 937253
Posted
Posted

Biggin use the same ALKIN STARS that are published for London City

Rich