You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Clock Display in ES

Richard Webb 1097731

Richard Webb 1097731
Posted
Posted

Is there a way to get it to display GMT instead of local time (besides changing your computer clock to GMT?) I thought there was an option but I can't find it... yes I searched the forum for Zulu and also GMT - 0 results.

Thanks

-Rich

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

ES automatically as far as I know display's ZULU time, as this is the universay timezone for air travel, I have just changed my PC clock to 7 different timezones and ES stays on Z time

non-discript self importance signature

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

And a runway timer like this one would be cool (Oslo, Gardermoen ENGM)

IMG_1117-1.jpg

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

The Chronometer issue is already on the forum: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=45906

GMT display is standard in EuroScope, with correct Windows time and time zone setting it should work.

Richard Webb 1097731
Posted
Posted
GMT display is standard in EuroScope, with correct Windows time and time zone setting it should work.

So what should the proper settings be? I just have my windows machine set up to my time zone and it's set to automatically update for DST time. Not really all that much to setting the time / timezones. No matter what I do, ES always displays the time that is on my clock. I've also tried setting my windows clock to GMT, but then next time rebooting (in a different partition and OS) it goes back to the local time. Seems I could have my clock set to local time and with the timezone ES could figure out what GMT is and display it that way.. odd.

-Rich

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

Strange. Sure, you selected the correct time zone in Control Panel/Date and Time/Time Zone ? There is a tick for summer/winter daylight saving also, maybe this helps.

I am quite sure ES just uses an operating system call to get the UTC time - I would bet your OS reports the wrong time.

• 2 weeks later...
Richard Webb 1097731
Posted
Posted
Sure, you selected the correct time zone in Control Panel/Date and Time/Time Zone ? There is a tick for summer/winter daylight saving also, maybe this helps.

Yep - it's set correctly. I have resolved the issue in a different way. There is a program called InstantTimeZone which displays an "always on top" clock window with as many different timezones as you want. It also has an option for +30. This is exactly what I wanted since I need it for uncontrolled field clearances. So now I have a GMT time and a GMT +30 time displayed in a little box up in the corner of my monitor! Works great!

-Rich