You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Correct Metric Flight Plan

MARK CABLE

MARK CABLE
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi there,

I doing my first Vatsim flight into the Ukraine today EGLL-UKBB, and I wanted to check that I was following the metric Flight levels correctly.

Here is my flightplan BPK UM185 CLN UL620 N426F350 BASNO UL603 ARNEM UP147 RKN UL980 LDZ UM70 TOLPA/K0789S1110 UM70 CH UA87 SL.

What i wanted to know was, is the yellow highlighted part of the flightplan correct? I checked the chart and I enter Ukranian airspace at TOLPA, so I need to climb to 11,100M or FL364, or do I have to climb before that? I.e when I enter Polish airspace.

any help would be appreciated as i would like to fly in again.

regards, Mark

Edited by Guest
MarkCable.png

MARK CABLE
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

after a bit more investigation I discovered that in VatUkraine they use Imperial flight Levels, so the above post is irrelavent,

thanks anyway, Mark

MarkCable.png

• 1 year later...
Nikita Kapko 1015297
Posted
Posted

You are right Mark!

Only Russia, Mongolia, Kyrgizstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan and China use metric flight level system. But from November 17th all of them (excepts China which already have RVSM but metric) will go to feet flight level system with RVSM.

vaccua_baner.jpg

Thomas George 827476
Posted
Posted

Glad you're taking the plunge, I found metric quite daunting but it's not too bad. I will put some information on the EUR site at some point.

Thomas George