You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

List of commands support by XSB?

Walker Guthrie 1139632

Walker Guthrie 1139632
Posted
Posted

Does anyone have a link to the supported text commands in XSB? Specifically, I'm trying to discover if the .join command is available, and if so, is this the correct command to use to join a private voice channel on rw.liveatc.net?

My setup is working fine on VATSIM with X-Plane and XSB. When I tune to a frequency being manned by an active controller, I hear all the voice transmissions from/to controllers and pilots. However, I do a regular weekend fly-in event with a club, and they say "once you are connected to VATSIM, be sure to join our private voice channel on rw.liveatc.net/clubname." I guess I just don't know how to do this.

Also, if I do get onto the private voice channel, is voice on UNICOM okay there? Or should the pilots agree on an unused COM frequency other than 122.80?

Thanks in advance!

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

There is not currently private voice room support in XSB.

I'm considering adding it in the next version.

Walker Guthrie 1139632
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info, Wade! Just wanted to say that I appreciate your voluntary efforts to make Squawkbox available to X-Planers - great program! I would love to see private voice channels supported in a future release. If I was a decent coder, I'd volunteer to help you out with this effort.