You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

acfts in the gnd

Charan Kumar

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

right, not over, but in the gnd, look more like sharks I haven't flown XP in tfc area in a long time, so this is sort of coming back from hiatus, and last time I remember the acft were floating above the gnd. Only the tail and 1/5 of the top is visible now, if not for the red and green lights, I almost wund't have recognized it. I am using Ted's scenery for Florida and at KMIA is where I saw this. Rendering options->runway contours are off, so I am not sure how to fix this. Is there a link where I can see how i can fix this?

Tks in advance for the answers!!

Keep the blue side up!!

Cheers!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

John McKinney 1026005
Posted
Posted

if the runway follows terrain or something like that is checked uncheck or vice versa i do believe it should be unchecked but dont remember

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

could be just terrain difference, altho florida is pretty flat.

i do have UT USA for FS9 tho and i did notice all these little valleys that it added, not sure why thats there, ive lived down here for 28 years now off and on, never really noticed much terrain, except mount trashmore which is man made, and as the name implies, mountain of trash

whats the altitude read?

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

E, good qn, I never checked the altitude, I will compare it with the charts. I will also check it w/o the custom scenery.

John, I do have it checked off, but I am wondering if that is what is causing it. Hmm...tks for the ideas, I will see what I find and post later.

Cheers!!

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Turn off "runways follow terrain contours."

Beyond that, not much you can do. Different programs are sometimes going to see the world differently.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Ok, that's what I remember, and I did turn it off. I did see a lot of errors during scenery conversion from FSX to XP where it said below 0 ft. That makes sense now, though it wasn't for this area.

tks for the answer(s)!!

Charan