You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Handoff Cancellation Not working

Kevin Kan

Kevin Kan
Posted
Posted

When I initiate a wrong handoff and I cancel it, it shows Cancelled on my screen but on the other controllers screen it is still showing as requesting a handoff. This is ES/VRC interaction, I am not sure about ES/ES interaction.

I used F3 and F4 keys.

1723.png

atc2o.png

Like my GOAT? Too bad, it's mine.

My airline flying at the speed of normal

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

When you cancel the handoff then I am sending out an I track message ($CQ--IT--). I am not completely sure if this messages is handled in VRC and in ES in the very same way. Ross should confirm how it woks in VRC currently.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

VRC sends a #PC::CCP:HC message when canceling a handoff.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I thought the HC message is for the controller who was requested to take handoff and not for canceling a handoff initiated by me. Treat it as known bug in ES, I will change.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I thought the HC message is for the controller who was requested to take handoff and not for canceling a handoff initiated by me. Treat it as known bug in ES, I will change.

I believe it's for both. I may have it wrong in VRC though. The way you do it in ES might actually be the way it was originally intended. I'd have to see how ASRC does it to be sure ... but I tried very hard to mimic ASRC's behavior back when I wrote VRC.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jean-Frederik Dion 819740
Posted
Posted

I'm glad this is going in the right direction guys.

I hope this will fix the VRC-ES interaction bug where the ES user sees VRC controller tracking the plane but actually this ES user still tracks the plane (all others and the VRC controller see him still tracking). This can only be sorted by reconnecting to the server...

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I do not think that this situation can happen. It is possible that the ES owner thinks that handoff was canceled, while the VRC controller sees the pending request. That is not visible to others. When the VRC controller finally accepts the handoff then all goes to normal. It is published to all controllers and ES releases the plane even there was no pending request (from his point of view).

But sure, we should agree to handle these situations the same way.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Kevin Kan
Posted
Posted

That is what it seems like happened to me.

I initiated a handoff (F4 Code callsign), I then Cancel (F3 Callsign) and my ES screen shows a regular tag that I own. The VRC controller does not know I cancelled and his screen still shows pending request and accepts, and both our screen shows the VRC controller owning the tag.

1723.png

atc2o.png

Like my GOAT? Too bad, it's mine.

My airline flying at the speed of normal