You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Installing XSquawkBox in X-Plane

Michael Allegrini 1143349

Michael Allegrini 1143349
Posted
Posted

I am having trouble installing XSquawkBox in X-Plane. I am a Mac User and kind of new to it, I don't know where to install the plugin files. I tried copying it to a couple of different places and when I start X-Plane there is nothing in the plugin admin. Can someone try to give me step by step instructions on how to install the files needed.

Thanks

Michael

Stephen Faison 920525
Posted
Posted

After you download, you should get two subfolders within that main download - "Docs" and "for plugins folder". Open the "for plugins folder" and you'll find "XSquawkbox Resources" and "XSquawkbox_VATSIM.xpl". Place those two into the directory: X-Plane 9/Resources/plugins

Hope that helps.

Stephen Faison

Senior Controller - C3

vZTL ARTCC

• 5 months later...
Sheng Liu 1162604
Posted
Posted

How to use XSquawkbox exactly? What should i do or how to setup if i want to fly online via VATSIM.

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

It's pretty self-explanatory.

You install it, connect to VATSIM using the "Connect" menu item and your VATSIM credentials. Check out the docomeentation that comes in the download and then let us know if you still have questions.

• 11 months later...
Zsolt Nemes 1198196
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Yes I got two folders. But I should copy X-Plane/resources folder. Where can I find this folder? I can't install xsquawkbox.

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Copy the CONTENTS of the "for plugins folder" folder to your X-plane/Resources/plugins directory.