You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

The controller list

Mark Wolpert

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

I am not sure if this is the correct behaviour but on the controller list I am having an issue whereby the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned controller number for handoffs is contantly changing. As an example:

10 CYUL_CTR

11 another ctr

etc

then changes to:

10 KATL_CTR

11 CYUL_CTR

etc.

Really annoying when you have the number and its changing every 5 minutes during busy handoffs. I kept handing off to KATL by mistake.

Also, is there anyway to change the function of the list to only show relevant sectors. I only need to see all sectors in my FIR and then surrounding centers. What I get is this plus far away centers, app, dep, tower, ground, del, and their atis. It becomes a huge list that is difficult to navigate quickly.

Mark.

847924.png

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

It is the correct behaviour for all stations that have no fixed ID defined in the ESE. If I remember correctly, this was in no way different in VRC.

And no, there is no way to display only relevant sectors. You can only display/hide them by type.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Mark as Stephan said this is the correct behaviour. There is a button in the Controller list "U", if you deselect it you will see only positions which are defined in the ese file. So you will see only sectors in your FIR and your surrounding sectors (as you should have defined them the ese file)

http://euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=Basic_Lists

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
It is the correct behaviour for all stations that have no fixed ID defined in the ESE. If I remember correctly, this was in no way different in VRC.

VRC maintains the same sector ID for each adjacent controller for as long as they remain connected, because of this very reason. The ID only changes if the controller changes his primary frequency to a different one listed in the POF file.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

It might be better to keep the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned ID. But in normal circomestances you interact with undefined controllers so rarely that I did not found it important. It is really better to define the known positions. Then they ID is fixed. In the case when you can not use the internal logic, you can manually [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign the next controller to an AC. In that popup list you can see callsigns and not IDs. When the controller is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned then just handoff to next controller without specifying the ID itself.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted
Mark as Stephan said this is the correct behaviour. There is a button in the Controller list "U", if you deselect it you will see only positions which are defined in the ese file. So you will see only sectors in your FIR and your surrounding sectors (as you should have defined them the ese file)

http://euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=Basic_Lists

Thanks for this tip, I will try it out next time.

Mark.

847924.png

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted
It might be better to keep the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned ID. But in normal circomestances you interact with undefined controllers so rarely that I did not found it important. It is really better to define the known positions. Then they ID is fixed. In the case when you can not use the internal logic, you can manually [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign the next controller to an AC. In that popup list you can see callsigns and not IDs. When the controller is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned then just handoff to next controller without specifying the ID itself.

Gergely,

I wonder if this is an issue for me because I am using Canscope and it does not show the next controller on the tag.

Mark.

847924.png

Jean-Frederik Dion 819740
Posted
Posted

Hey Mark

I suspect that you use a non-ES sector file. I saw you online showing a sector file name that doesn't fit with CANscope mod.

To answer your last question, the Next controller is shown at the very end of the Sector Exit List (SEL) at the top of your scope. Though you could keep on trying to fix things up I think it's best that you simply use CANscope files as is. The moment you bring in old or non-official settings or sct files, you better know very well what do each file do in ES...

I suggest uninstalling CANscope, then downloading version 1.1 (sounds like a new release announcement!)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/335345/CANscope.exe

Make sure you have ES 3.1d installed first.

CANscope 1.1 provides updated CZYZ files (among others) so you won't need the package provided on Toronto FIR's website.

Again, all you must do is load CZYZ IFR.prf, then fill in your real name, CID, p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, then set your PTT, audio cards and squelch, then hit connect!

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

OK, will set it up tonight.

847924.png

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Just to make sure everything was done properly I backed up my files and completely uninstalled Canscope and ES. I have now reinstalled and am definitely using the proper ESE file.

Jean-Frederick, I have your files and will adjust slightly to my liking. It looks like my previous .asr files will not show properly.

Mark.

847924.png

Posted
Posted

Previous ASR files must be handled with care when sct files updates.

Here's a trick. Edit your old asr files with notepage and delete the two lines refering to SECTORFILE. When you load them again they will use the currently loaded sct file and will prompt for saving on exit.

There's a feature in ES that checks if the asr referring sct matches the master sct and prompt if it's different, but until now it only caused me trouble. Personally my asr files don't hold any SECTORFILE reference and I never save that info on exit.

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Jean Frederick - I will edit the files but the real problem is that my symbology settings are no longer there so I have to go back into the Display Settings and redo a few things.

Mark.

847924.png

Posted
Posted

CANscope 1.1 symbology is found in the file "\CANscope\Settings\CAATS Symbology.txt".

Simply replace the content of this file with your backed up symbology settings.

By doing so, you won't be required to edit each and every profile to change the reference.

I think that the 1.1 installer should prompt before overwriting setting files. My bad.

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

OK thanks.

847924.png