You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Traffic Control for Malta

Ian Fiorentino 1119214

Ian Fiorentino 1119214
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone. I am new to this vatsim thingy but it surley looks awsome since i like to keep my simming as real as possible.

Just wanted to see if there is a traffic controller for Malta ? If not who will control the traffic if i fly from Malta since i am Maltese

Thanks for the help.

Krzysztof Szerszen 861225
Posted
Posted

There was ATC some time ago,but died due to no interest. Flying in Malta, you're on your own, switch to unicom. Or you may choose Frankfurt instead.

Realistic ultra-intolerant.

• 4 weeks later...
Daniel Eamon Brennan
Posted
Posted (edited)

With this new "free" policy, myself and some others dug out a sector file (one of us is working on a new one), downloaded the charts etc and loggged on. We hope to make it a regular thing i.e. at least once a week.

Watch this space:-

maltaall.jpg

maltaserv.jpg

Edited by Guest

Daniel Eamon Brennan - C3

Callum McLoughlin
Posted
Posted

Wonderful stuff - hope to fly in soon

Anton Brondz 991762
Posted
Posted

I'm also looking at controlling in Malta, would it be possible to get the EuroScope sector file?

Daniel Eamon Brennan
Posted
Posted
I'm also looking at controlling in Malta, would it be possible to get the EuroScope sector file?

A friend of mine is working on a new .ESE file which should be ready within a few days.

However, for the time being, you can download the latest sector file for Malta from:-

http://www.vateud.org/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=25:malta&Itemid=139

You will need to use an existing .ESE, name it the same as the sector file to get it to open and choose all your settings the normal way.

I hope this helps,

Daniel.

Anton Brondz 991762
Posted
Posted

Thanks, that worked perfectly. I'll get hold of some charts and get online in a few days time

Jan Tore Elvheim
Posted
Posted

What is the procedure for LICD Lampedusa? I know its AFIS, but since its an Italien airport, who "own" Lampedusa ATZ?

If I'm sitting Malta Control, am I allowed to give flight info to Lampedusa traffic?

Jan Tore

NAX101.png

VACCSCA ATC in Scandinavia

Daniel Eamon Brennan
Posted
Posted
What is the procedure for LICD Lampedusa? I know its AFIS, but since its an Italien airport, who "own" Lampedusa ATZ?

If I'm sitting Malta Control, am I allowed to give flight info to Lampedusa traffic?

Jan Tore

Hi Jan,

I'm the current project leader for Malta, nice to know there's some other interest out there!

I'm at the moment in the process of co-ordinating with VATITA to see if this is possible. I can see one or two possible outcomes, as Lapedusa is an Italian facility, we may not be able to provide services. Or, even though it's an Italian facility, it's in the Malta FIR we may be able to provide some services.

I'm currently working on a procedures guide and this will have it covered when I get confirmation from VATITA.

I can however, send this to you if you wish to hop on to a position within the Malta FIR.

Cheers,

Look forward to hearing from you,

Daniel.

Jan Tore Elvheim
Posted
Posted

That would be great, just had a session on LMMM_CTR

JT

NAX101.png

VACCSCA ATC in Scandinavia

Daniel Eamon Brennan
Posted
Posted

Just an update,

-The guide to Malta is nearly finished, and what's been done is being reviewed

-There's a new .ese and modified sector file which is also being reviewed

http://s396.photobucket.com/albums/pp42/DanielBrennan82/Malta%20FIR%20UIR/

The above shows the sectorisation that the new .ese will show with vertical limits. I.E. if an A/C climbs above FL460 in LMMM_E_CTR for example, depending on how you have your tags set up, will change colour etc.

The approach sector will include the TMA (the piece of airspace that looks like half of a band-aid) up to an agreed level. This modification may be added.

-Next in the mods/to-do list is the modification of an existing website

-Gain more controller support

-First event TBA

• 6 months later...
Marco Baumann 989152
Posted
Posted

Hello Daniel,

the website [www.vaccmalta.eu] doesn't work properly. Where can I find the ese and sct files for Malta?

Cheers!

Marco

| Deputy Chief RG Frankfurt | VATSIM Germany |

?id=edff&x=370

Marco Baumann 989152
Posted
Posted

Hi Daniel,

as I wrote (via email) I cannot read the forum any more. Suddenly this error occurred.

http://www.abload.de/img/error0pc8.jpg

Does any one else have this problem? I tried it with Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Cheers

Marco

| Deputy Chief RG Frankfurt | VATSIM Germany |

?id=edff&x=370

Callum McLoughlin
Posted
Posted

Hi folks

I am not sure what the problem is with the database - I will do my best to look into it but currently I am unable to access the internet from anywhere but my blackberry, and the library computer I am using at the moment hence a solution will not be immediately forthcoming. I will send an email to the hosting company and ask them what's going on - if that fails I'll ask IPS.

Regards