You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

i need help with this VATsim... im having soo much trouble..

Aryn Brooks 1143551

Aryn Brooks 1143551
Posted
Posted

hello! i just bought x-plane 9 and i was recently told about getting VATsim.

so i did..... im now i am hating everything....

1). i do not know how to turn off ATC in the cockpit....?

2). im not even connected to VATsim. but its installed.....?

3). i dont know how to work the buttons in the cockpit..... auto pilot, heading, hold an ALT.

4). i go on VATsim.com and TRY and plan a flight and there alway some type of error......

5). it say i have a missing server or it could be resolved........

i have no idea whats going on with this thing..... am i very familiar with aviation. but i have no idea who to wrk this stuff....

please help before i trash everything!

Thanks-Aryn

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted
hello! i just bought x-plane 9 and i was recently told about getting VATsim.

so i did..... im now i am hating everything....

1). i do not know how to turn off ATC in the cockpit....?

Settings->Sound (turn off all ATC options)

2). im not even connected to VATsim. but its installed.....?

Did you actually install XSquawkBox?

It won't connect until you actually Choose the "Connect" option from the XSquawkBox menu. Do you have an XSquawkBox menu item under your Plugins menu in X-Plane? If not, you did not install it correctly.

3). i dont know how to work the buttons in the cockpit..... auto pilot, heading, hold an ALT.

VATSIM has nothing to do with that. I suggest you read the myriad of tutorials and threads on X-plane.org and other sites. Google will be a big help here. Suggested search terms: "X-plane autopilot"

4). i go on VATsim.com and TRY and plan a flight and there alway some type of error......

5). it say i have a missing server or it could be resolved........

Not enough information to help. What exactly are you trying to do. What exactly is the error?

Aryn Brooks 1143551
Posted
Posted

sorry for the very late reply.

1). thank you for ATC info. (that was getting crazy)

2). ja, i did install XSquawkBox correctly. i click connect.... then what? i hit the enter button and i type a msg..... all goes in the chat area.... not reply...... (am i supposed to have something in the " enter server"????

3). ja, sorry the little tangent. i knew the buttons in the plane have nothing to do with VATSIM. and i did learn how to use the autopilot. (well.... still learning).

4). im not sure how to use VATsim......... i knew to it. so when i play x-plane..... i have no idea whats goin on with vatsim. all i know is that i have it installed..... i dont hear anything, but the sounds of the plane. i type something in and i get no response.... im clueless.... what am i supposed to see or hear or whatever vatsim is supposed to do? how do i operate it?

5). how can i set up a flight plan? ive checked google and youtube theres no help.... i lost on how to use the FMC....

6). ALSO! installed this autogate thing.... how can i set up the game to have terminals actually show??

thank you so much!