You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Real-world traffic in ES?

Even Rognlien

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

Maybe a stupid idea...but...

Is there any way that real world data from http://www.flightradar24.com/ could be integrated in EuroScope trough a live server, a simulator server or something? Would be really cool if we could follow real air traffic in Euroscope!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sergei Germanenko 987355

• Even Rognlien

• Gergely Csernak

• Miguel Durao 1189342

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sergei Germanenko 987355

Sergei Germanenko 987355 22 posts

• Even Rognlien

Even Rognlien 21 posts

• Gergely Csernak

Gergely Csernak 11 posts

• Miguel Durao 1189342

Miguel Durao 1189342 4 posts

Popular Days

• Feb 17 2010

5 posts

• Feb 10 2012

5 posts

• Feb 13 2012

4 posts

• Jan 26 2023

3 posts

Popular Posts

Anton Leagre

I don't know if anyone is still interested in this topic, but I managed to get IRL traffic in Euroscope working using the Opensky Network. How it works and the source code can be found on the git

Posted Images

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

If you would convert it to a feed like http://www.net-flyer.net/DataFeed/vatsim-data.txt, ou could already use it in EuroScope

But, to be honest: why would you want that? THat is not the point of EuroScope.

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

I know that ES not is made for that, but i think it would be nice to have the aircrafts moving on a high realistic radar where we can change colours, move and edit the tags, show SID/STARs and airways drawed on the map ++. -instead of the google map =)

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I am thinking on an SBS-1 data feed at the moment, and also the possibility to allow a plug-in to pupm data into the system.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted
I am thinking on an SBS-1 data feed at the moment, and also the possibility to allow a plug-in to pupm data into the system.

You know my C++ is not that perfect, but I also thought about that. Would [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist in testing and - where able - programming.

SBS-1 is available

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Then you will be amazed very soon....G will proof once again he is the best

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

Hopefully... But I bet it won't take long until someone tries to control those aircraft, too

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Hopefully... But I bet it won't take long until someone tries to control those aircraft, too

Those darn real world pilots, they just don't listen to ATC instructions!!!

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I uploaded a trial version of the program to http://www.euroscope.hu/sbstofsdproxy/SBStoFSDproxy.zip. It is actually a very lightweight FSD server. You can connect to it with EuroScope. It supports multiple connections therefore you can share your SBS-1 traffic. It also supports private chats, but no more functions.

When started you can connect it to the SBS-1 TCP/IP socket by defining the server and the port. It displays all the incoming data in the list and also sends the data as plane position to EuroScope clients. It has a built in error recovery to be able to interpret the non complete lines from SBS-1.

If it has data about a plane then it moves it in every 5 seconds (to be conform with FSD) to the last known direction with the last known GS. When a real coordinate is received then an IDENT is sent. In this way you will know what is simulated and what is real.

In the packet you can find some data files:

- icao24.txt - is a list of the ICAO hexident and plane registration numbers (there are 7818 records so far)

- aircrafts.txt - is a list of registered aircraft based on their registration number (161868 records so far)

- flightplans.txt - is a list of flight plans (19024 records so far)

You may need to copy the Microsoft DLLs and manifest files from your EuroScope installation if the EXE does not start.

Just try it and have some fun.

p.s. You may send notes on it to here, but it is not a fully supported program. Just use as it is.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

Can you check you compiled as release?

Get an error message about the side-to-side configuration.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Yes, that is what I tried to suggest by "You may need to copy the Microsoft DLLs and manifest files from your EuroScope installation if the EXE does not start." Copy the following files to the EXE folder:

mfc80.dll

mfc80u.dll

mfcm80.dll

mfcm80u.dll

MFCMIFC80.dll

Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest

Microsoft.VC80.MFC.manifest

msvcm80.dll

msvcp80.dll

msvcr80.dll

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

Missed the manifest files. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

Wow, looks nice Great work! Wish I had a Radarbox here now...

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

I wonder why they do not have the voice flag set... Those real-life pilots just do not know what to put in their flight-plan remarks and leave that up to the controllers...

• 1 month later...
Ervins Reinverts
Posted
Posted

Do I understand correctly that one must own a SBS/Radarbox for this to work?

Or it is possible to get it to work with flightradar24.com's data?

If needed, I can get in touch with flightradar24 admins, as I am a little bit of "involved" person

Ervins

963676.jpg

balt.png

C1 controller EVRR & EETT FIR; BALT, EURN & EURE UIRs

Follow EVRR_FIR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/evrr_fir

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

To be honest I do not really know what data you can get from flightradar24.com. This proxy needs a TCP/IP port to be opened to read the data stream from. This stream has to be the have the syntax that is used by SBS-1. If you can have such source then you can use it there.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 1 month later...
Ervins Reinverts
Posted
Posted

I just contacted the FR24's admins on this topic and got some not very good news. Some of the feeders have only given permission to use the data on FR24 website, so this would be a violation of that agreement, and so some areas should be filtered out. And on the other hand, they have a very long to-do list and most likely we won't see any export from FR24 until at least August, even in filtered form. Sure I would love to see the permissions to be changed to include Euroscope users, but that's beyound my reach.

Ervins

963676.jpg

balt.png

C1 controller EVRR & EETT FIR; BALT, EURN & EURE UIRs

Follow EVRR_FIR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/evrr_fir

Sergei Germanenko 987355
Posted
Posted

I noticed that there are planes which do not have to TAG aircraft type and registration number. In radarbox these data are in TAG. How can I fix this problem?

The user Radarbox dynamic ip, as you can connect SBStoFSDproxy server that other users would have seen it on the server data?

Sergei Germanenko 987355
Posted
Posted
I just contacted the FR24's admins on this topic and got some not very good news. Some of the feeders have only given permission to use the data on FR24 website, so this would be a violation of that agreement, and so some areas should be filtered out. And on the other hand, they have a very long to-do list and most likely we won't see any export from FR24 until at least August, even in filtered form. Sure I would love to see the permissions to be changed to include Euroscope users, but that's beyound my reach.

I think that you need to create a network in Euroscope. Developers Euroscope, thank you, that you have created a plugin for users of SBS / Radarbox. I hope that this project will be further implemented.

Sergei Germanenko 987355
Posted
Posted

Can a user who has a local network to transmit data to an external SBStoProxy?

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

SBStoProxy just needs a TCP/IP socket connection and then reads the data stream from there. If you can serve this feed, then it should work.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Sergei Germanenko 987355
Posted
Posted

Is it possible to transfer data users Radarbox to shared server?

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I do not know if such kind of server is available.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer