You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

having problems installing xsquakbox for xplane

Bill Mintchwarner 940230

Bill Mintchwarner 940230
Posted
Posted

Hello;

I have read all the install posts regarding the installation of XSB for X-plane and I have tried all the remedies.

here is my problem. I see 2 downloads for xsb. xsb win vatsim 1.0.3b1 and xsb win vatsim 102r1. which one is for a fresh install. now I have tried both and when i opened the file I then opened the plugin folder and found xsquakbox resources and xsquakbox_vatsim.xpl. I placed them in xplane resources/plugin folder and checked if they were there and the were.

I then opened xplane and checked under plugins and they are not there.

any Ideas as to what I might be doing wrong.

thanks Bill

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Bill,

You should be using 1.03b1.

Make sure that you're moving the xsb_win_vatsim.xp and XSquawkBox Resources folder into the X-plane/Resources/plugins folder. Do not copy the "For Plugins Folder" - you want the contents of that folder, not the folder itself.

Be sure to restart X-Plane.

If they still don't show up, you can email your log.txt file from the main X-Plane directory to [email protected] and I'll take a look.

Bill Mintchwarner 940230
Posted
Posted

Wade;

Thanks for your quick response. I certainly appreciate it.

Currently I am reinstalling a fresh copy of Xplane just to make sure I dident screw anything up. and will then follow your advise according to your instructions.

thanks again

Bill

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Bill - just in case - it goes without saying that you are trying to install the Windows XSB on a Windows computer, right?

Bill Mintchwarner 940230
Posted
Posted

Wade;

Yes Sir. I have windows XP Pro. on home built PC.