You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sudden Weather Headache

Fred Michaels 1137645

Fred Michaels 1137645
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen. I noticed today (while actually on approach to an airport) that it seemed my weather data was out of date. Turns out it hasn't updated in over a day. I forced it to update, same weather. Put it into debugging mode via the weather=1 command to ensure I wasn't going nuts, same weather. After landing (which was cute since my weather had crosswind on the active runway), I tried to see if X-Plane itself could update. For the software's part, it could but the plug-in seemed unable to do so...displaying METAR weather from about 151732Z. Looking at other airports I frequent, same situation.

I've done everything I can think of, including using the previous version of XSquakbox (1.021) instead of the Beta I had. I even went ahead and did a complete second installation of X-Plane just to see if somehow something had been corrupted (was using 4.45). It still isn't updating, still showing the same weather as before...from the 15th of February. I've had no major changes to my system or anything in the last 48 hours, it just suddenly...stopped.

Any ideas?

-Fred

-Fred

Deputy Air Traffic Manager

Miami vARTCC - United States Division (I1)

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Fred,

As stated in email, this is more likely a problem with the data source rather than XSB. I'll take a look when I get a chance.