You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flight Plan?

Don Cahill 1046379

Don Cahill 1046379
Posted
Posted

I am new at this, i am having a problem submitting a flight plan. I complete all the boxes, i hit send and i get a message, the plan was sent.

After 30 mins/1 hour i log on to the network, the controller tells me the plan was not received.

What am i doing wrong, it there a sample of a completed flight plan request?

Also, squawkbox has a flight plan, is this submitted in addition to the flight plan on VATSIM.net?

Also, it seems i cannot communicate using my microphone, the calibration test is successful. Does the flight plan have to be received before my callsign is recognized? I can send text but no voice transmission. All this is very fraustrating! Thanks in advance...

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

this is the VRC forum for the controll client.

ill [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you are filing via the website, or are you filing via squawkbox/fsinn?

if filing via the website, it only keeps the flightplan on storage for 2 hours. and you must use the callsign you put on the flightplan to log on so itll match it with your connection.

if filing via squawkbox/fsinn, you need to be online at the time you submit it for it to get sent to the network, if you do it from the client itll only hold it for about an hour tho.

you only need to do one or the other, not both.

for the voice issue, did you set your push to talk button? what button did you set? some buttons dont work for it as they tend to autorepeat themselves, like the caps lock key. these arent recommended. i'd suggest the left or right CTRL keys