You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Compatibility with XPlane Multiplayer and VATSIM/XSquwkbox ?

Sebastien Bartosz

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Hello, with a few other pilots, we are trying out formation flying.

It is all working well, when we're connected with eachother. (no lag whatsoever, no refresh problems etc.) Its perfect. But when we're connected to eachother using XPlane's features, we are not able to connect to the network. (Because to connect to eachother, we have to disable X-SB in the plugin admin options.)

So my question: Is it possible to connect xith XP's features and be connected to VATSIM at the same time ? If so, how?

And also, if it is possible, is there a way to use X Planes refresh rates etc. And not use VATSIM's? Because with VATSIM's refresh rates etc. Well its impossible...

For those of you who have connected with someone else with X Planes connection feature, you'll understand why I like it so much

Cheers

New York ARTCC

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted
Is it possible to connect xith XP's features and be connected to VATSIM at the same time ? If so, how?

I don't think so. I'd have to do some research to see how X-plane's built-in networking works and why it doesn't work with XSquawkBox enabled.

And also, if it is possible, is there a way to use X Planes refresh rates etc. And not use VATSIM's? Because with VATSIM's refresh rates etc. Well its impossible...

Not at this time, but the next major update to XSB is planned to include the SquawkBox fast position updates code, which would make things like formation flying *much* smoother. Not sure if it will be on par with direct connection, but it should be much better.

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Cheers, this is the information I was looking for

New York ARTCC