You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

i cant get access in VATUSA

Darian Phillips 928692

Darian Phillips 928692
Posted
Posted

i obviously have a valid ID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word for VATSIM, and even country/region. But im not recognized as a VATUSA member. I want to sign up for controlling in USA so can u send me all the neccessary info so i can sign up. email is [email protected]

Darian W Phillips

Dustin Robbins 887494
Posted
Posted

Welcome New Controllers to VATUSA!

We are very glad to have you with us to enjoy this exciting hobby. Please follow the following easy steps to start your virtual Air Traffic Control Career or click here if you want a complete signup walkthrough with detailed instructions.

1. OBTAIN A VATSIM ID # AND P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]WORD.

2. After you receive your id, on VATSIM.NET make sure to join Region North America and Division United States.

3. Within 24 hours of signing up with VATSIM, you should receive a welcoming email from the VATUSA Staff with a p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word for our website.

***This p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word is not the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word to get onto the VATSIM network. It is simply to sign-on to our VATUSA website.***

3. Go to VATUSA training and study the basic study guide found under REFERENCE.

4. When you feel ready, take the basic test. You must get 80% or higher to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]. If you don't p[Mod - Happy Thoughts], do not proceed to step 5.

5. If you p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed the basic test with 80% or better, go to the VATUSA ARTCC Evaluation Website to review the various areas in the USA and to select the area that most interests you. Please take some time to carefully review this valuable resource to help you find the right area to meet your needs and interests.

6. After choosing an ARTCC, you should receive an automated email from the ARTCC Chief describing how to get started in his/her area.

7. We strongly encourage you to review the VATUSA policies and the VATUSA Training Website BEFORE you try your hand at controlling.

Please feel free to contact local ARTCC Chiefs or a member of the VATUSA Staff with any questions/concerns that you may have.

If you need more help, just post again and we'll get ya going.

Darian Phillips 928692
Posted
Posted

im not even a member of vatusa it doesnt validate my login. what is my vatusa ID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

Darian W Phillips

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Did you do step 2?

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted

I'm having this problem as well. Signed up on Saturday, and after reading many posts in this forum, I've made sure quite a few times I joined the US division.

I emailed Jeff Thomas about the matter. Just waiting on him to get back to me. Darian, I would suggest you do the same.

Mark Brummett
Posted
Posted
I'm having this problem as well. Signed up on Saturday, and after reading many posts in this forum, I've made sure quite a few times I joined the US division.

I emailed Jeff Thomas about the matter. Just waiting on him to get back to me. Darian, I would suggest you do the same.

How many of you have Verizon as your ISP and used that email address to register with?

Mark Brummett

Website owner, http://www.zkcartcc.org

ZKC Events Co-ordinator

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted

Using Road Runner here Mark.

Andrew Steinberg 939662
Posted
Posted

I'm having same problem...again

See

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=4706

Andrew Steinberg

C-1, VATUSA

userbar230662ff.gif

Darian Phillips 928692
Posted
Posted

ok where do i get my VATUSA p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and is my VATUSA ID the same as my VATSIM ID, if not tell me where to get the vatusa ID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word you guys havent told me this yet im waiting. And yes im a part of north america/USA region/division.

Darian W Phillips

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted
ok where do i get my VATUSA p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and is my VATUSA ID the same as my VATSIM ID, if not tell me where to get the vatusa ID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word you guys havent told me this yet im waiting. And yes im a part of north america/USA region/division.

It should have been mailed to you when you signed up as part of the US region.

I'm having the same problem you are. I mailed Jeff Thomas about it, but am still waiting on a response.

Darian Phillips 928692
Posted
Posted

diregarg my last message i know have a valid VATUSA p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and ID, and im now going to study for the test. Wish me luck. For those of you who are having trouble with the vatusa p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word go here to get it. The vatusa ID is the same as your vatsim ID. http://vatusa.org/lostp[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word/lostp[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word2.php

Darian W Phillips

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted

I've tried that about ten million times. It tells me I'm not in the VATUSA database. When I go to change my region on VATSIM, it tells me I've already been [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to the US division.

Glad to see you found your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. Good luck with your test.

Darian Phillips 928692
Posted
Posted

Tom if you put in your email in the box you will get mailed a vatusa p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and the vatusa ID is the same as your vatsim ID. Did you put in your email. I had the same problem you just had.

Darian W Phillips

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted

When I put in my email, I get this, "[email protected] Sorry, we couldn't find you in the VATUSA database, update email here, then wait 24 hours."

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

Right now, for the most part, if you actually read the directions, it will work. In the future it would be nice if this stuff was all the same username and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word though.

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted
Right now, for the most part, if you actually read the directions, it will work.

No Lance, it doesn't work. I can read directions, and have followed them.

"Sorry, but we were unable to complete your request.

You have already been [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to the United States division. Please contact the division director for further information on changing your division."

That's what I get when I try to select my division. That being said, I posted above what I get when I try to get a lost p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word from VATUSA. You have a better idea, I'm willing to try it.

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted
Right now, for the most part, if you actually read the directions, it will work.

No Lance, it doesn't work. I can read directions, and have followed them.

"Sorry, but we were unable to complete your request.

You have already been [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to the United States division. Please contact the division director for further information on changing your division."

That's what I get when I try to select my division. That being said, I posted above what I get when I try to get a lost p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word from VATUSA. You have a better idea, I'm willing to try it.

You'll notice i said "For the most part."

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg