You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Airways

Felix Holmertz

Felix Holmertz
Posted
Posted

Hi!

I have some problems with the waypoints on airways.

As you see on the picture below I only see the waypoints connecting to the airways.

I have tried to reinstall Euroscope and delete all the files and then load AIRWAYS.txt as FSNavigator data.

Pic 1: http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/fligtplan.bmp

Pic 2: http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/fligtplan2.bmp

Pic 3: http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/fp.bmp

Anyone experienced this?

3500.png

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Yes I sometimes see the same thing

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Felix Holmertz
Posted
Posted

Yeah but for me it´s on every flightplan.

3500.png

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Did you do that tonight? Because I checked when we staffed essa tonight, I had the same problem on all my fps (except the one that didn't show up on my list )

Johan Grauers

Felix Holmertz
Posted
Posted

No this has been going on for about two weeks.

3500.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

What I can see from the photos, ES hasn't loaded the FSNavigatior files. Is there any warnings when you try to load the files?

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

None that I have seen anyhow, I can make an extra check though but I don't think so.

Johan Grauers

Felix Holmertz
Posted
Posted

No, there is no warning when ES load it or when I load it manually.

ES load:

Info: Loading FSNavigator AIRWAYS data C:\...\EuroScope\DataFiles\AIRWAY.txt file ...

Info: AIRAC Cycle : 0912 (19/NOV/2009 - 16/DEC/2009) - Rev.1

Manually load:

Info: Loading ICAO data from C:\...\EuroScope\DataFiles\AIRWAY.txt file ...

3500.png

Alen Smriko 1034823
Posted
Posted

I have been experiencing the same problem. The route in the FP would go like this: "FIX1 AIRW1 FIX2 AIRW2 ... FIXn". It would be shown like FIX1 direct FIXn (first waypoint direct last waypoint). I would then delete FIX1 and AIRW1, and then it would be shown correctly from FIX2 along all airways and fixes to the last fix.

Personally I don't think it's a FSNav problem. I had this problem since v3.1d (maybe even v3.1a, but I'm not sure), so I think it's a ES bug...

Felix Holmertz
Posted
Posted

I have reinstalled my computer (not due to this) so I dont need any help now.

Thanks anyways

3500.png

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

OK I need to take this topic back up again.

I've now checked and it seems my ES has trouble loading the airway data (as Todor suggested). The problem is that when I try to load the data it doesn't work. And I can't figure out in what of my settings file the paths to these files are supposed to be stored (and I've looked at the wiki but not been able to figure it out).

Johan Grauers

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

The path is saved in your profile file (*.prf). Check "Setting airways AIRWAY.txt". This should be the specified file in order airways to be loaded (ICAO.txt is loaded automaticly with the AIRWAY.txt file path). Also after loading it exit ES saving everything it says it want to save (also you can hit Save Profile in the Connection Dialog just to be sure) and then open it again.

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted
The path is saved in your profile file (*.prf). Check "Setting airways AIRWAY.txt". This should be the specified file in order airways to be loaded (ICAO.txt is loaded automaticly with the AIRWAY.txt file path). Also after loading it exit ES saving everything it says it want to save (also you can hit Save Profile in the Connection Dialog just to be sure) and then open it again.

OK,I checked my profile but the lines point to the right files so that doesn't seem to be it. It seems they don't load properly, but why I don't know

Johan Grauers

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

You can always find a new FSNavigator file and test it, maybe there is something wrong with it.

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Replacing the data files (airways, airportse etc) seems to have done the trick, thanks for the help

Johan Grauers

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted