You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CAP Charts - Online Link

Joe Prokopanko 998876

Joe Prokopanko 998876
Posted
Posted

Just stumbled across a nice little link for everyone who's flying IFR in Canada.

http://www.navcanada.ca/NavCanada.asp?Language=EN&Content=ContentDefinitionFiles/Publications/AeronauticalInfoProducts/AIP/Current/default.xml

Current CAP (Canada Air Pilot) IFR procedures for the entire country. Up to date, too. From what I hear over at AvCanada, they might disappear next cycle...so get 'em while you still can! Nav Canada's trying something new this cycle, it seems...as far as I know, this is just a test of theirs.

Sure beats fishing mine out of my bag whenever I'm on VATSIM! I need those to work...and thanks to FS, they're all beat up and worn out already

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted

good stuff,thanks Joe!

f1cert.gif

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted
AIP CANADA (ICAO) SUPPLEMENT 3/10

PRINTING AND BINDING ISSUE WITH CANADA AIR PILOT (CAP) 11 FEBRUARY 2010 EFFECTIVE DATE

NAV CANADA has identified an issue with the printing and binding of the Canada Air Pilot (CAP) volumes for the effective date of 11 February 2010. Certain information located on the edges of the pages is no longer readable due to perforation required for binding.

Volumes 1—7 of the CAP have been posted on the NAV CANADA website under Aeronautical Information Products, AIP Canada (ICAO):

Products and Services Aeronautical Information Products AIP Canada (ICAO)

Use of the electronic version of the CAP volumes is for reference only and must not be used for navigation purposes without the hard copy volumes of the CAP.

For additional information or to purchase aeronautical products, please contact Customer and Commercial Services,

Jody Turner - I1

Toronto FIR - Facility Engineer

8942.png

• 1 month later...
John Graham 1036677
Posted
Posted

Thanks Joe

asb4.jpg

Alan Taylor 825557
Posted
Posted

The CAPs for Canada that were available in pdf download during the previous cycle (ending April 8, 2010) have been removed from that site. Only AIP and Airport charts are available electronically...the CAPs are hard copy only again, but many of the FIRs carry the previously expired charts on their sites. You can pay for an electronic subscription at the NavCan site.

Go here and follow the FIR website links on the left side of the page to visit the FIR whose charts you may wish to view.

VATCAN1

Director, VATSIM - Canada Division

Vancouver,B.C. - YVR

825557.jpg

atc1o.png

VATSIM Supervisor