You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Help

William Cichy 1146759

William Cichy 1146759
Posted
Posted

I have downloaded swquakbox on my computer.. How do i install it and how do i connect to avism? Im very new to all of this .... thnx

screenshot_591.png

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Willliam,

Are you using X-Plane? Did you download XSquawkBox (which is different from SquawkBox)?

Let's make sure we're on the same page first.

William Cichy 1146759
Posted
Posted
Willliam,

Are you using X-Plane? Did you download XSquawkBox (which is different from SquawkBox)?

Let's make sure we're on the same page first.

yes it was xsquakbox

screenshot_591.png

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

William,

Take the CONTENTS of the "For Plugins" folder and place them in your X-Plane/Resources/Plugins folder. The contents include the XSquawkBox_VATSIM.xpl file and the "XSquawkBox Resources" folder.

Then start up X-Plane. If you did it correctly, you'll have an XSquawkBox menu in your Plugins menu inside of X-Plane.

Then you can choose "Connect," type in your real name, a callsign, your VATSIM ID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and choose a server from the server popup menu. When you click the connect button, you should be online (you'll know because you'll see a bunch of copyright text appear).

William Cichy 1146759
Posted
Posted

[ got it thnx guys

screenshot_591.png