You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSquawkBox 1.0.3 available

Wade Williams 877539

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Version 1.0.3 of XSquawkBox has been posted. This version removes the expiration date.

Additionally, this version contains the following minor bugfixes:

Fixed a bug that caused occasional crashes in the voice subsystem when X-Plane was quit

When X-Plane was quit, the flight plan route was not being saved correctly. This is now resolved.

Added syntax checking to COM frequency changes via the text bar (i.e. //125.. This will now display a syntax error message if the input is not formatted correctly, rather than tuning the radio to some nonsense frequency.

Reworded the text messages when leaving and joining voice rooms to make them less confusing.

You can download it at the XSquawkBox website: http://xsquawkbox.net/xsb

Please let me know of any problems.

Peter Bremer 1110397
Posted
Posted (edited)

Edited by Guest

RW CPL-IR-PBN-SEP(A) (VP, RU, T, EFIS)-Night-LPE6

Oscar Espinosa Peñate 114
Posted
Posted (edited)

hello, had the beta and got completely delete the new version, and I get disabling the connect button and Disconect, how do I connect

capturadepantalla201003z.png

I tried to give to any of the options, preferences, audio setup, etc. .. and is not going no, I do not open them

i'm use mac

Edited by Guest

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Wade,

although I am not a user of X-Plane and thus not a user of XSquawkBox, I still would like to thank you for keeping on developing XSB! We need more people like you in VATSIM!

Nick Rizzo 1092729
Posted
Posted

Wade, I can also confirm that "Connect" is grayed out for me as well. Looks like the expiration date is still hiding somewhere in that release.

Rizzo

Matthia Pontoni 1147412
Posted
Posted

Hi Wade,

i'm on a mac (snow leopard) running X-plane 9.45. i've unistalled the beta version and installed the latest XSquawkBox 1.0.3 for mac from the web site, but at startup still tells me that the beta(??) version is expired.

am i doing something wrong or the version on the website is still the beta? (even if it says release)

Let us know,

and by the way, thanks for the GREAT work!!

ciao

Matthia

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Whoops - apologies Mac users.

I accidentally picked up the wrong version.

The issue has been corrected. You can redownload.

Posted
Posted

thanks

Matthia Pontoni 1147412
Posted
Posted

thanks, it's working perfectly now.

ciao

Matthia

Posted
Posted

I'm flying anywhere in the world with any airplane and slams me the x-plane, and the crash report always gives me the same error on thread 3.

is random where I get the error, it has given me in different places, flying, in approximation, in USA, Europe, Asia, in the middle of the ocean, on land.

can be safely flown for 1 hour and I leave the error as 8 hours and even lead to not error out (I mean that I close the x-plane at once) or 9 and I carry out, or not I quit.

It happens with different aircraft

I installed all the dvd of X-Plane 9

Use macosx 10.6.2 (MacBook Pro 15 middle 2009)

talk to Ben Supnik of x-plane and told me to comment because it happens to me when I fly on VATSIM, tonight proves without being in vatsim have going on.

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Send me the crash log to [email protected] and I'll take a look.

Posted
Posted

ok I just send the email with the same files to send to Ben.

Tonight there are a flight offline if too close to me, but I always flown to online at vatsim

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Oscar,

The error is a crash in the sound subsystem. There's not enough information to know if it's a XSB sound or an X-plane sound.

I'd try:

1) Fly some flights offline. See if the error occurs.

2) Fly some flights online, but do not tune any ATC frequencies. For this reason, try to fly somewhere where you're unlikely to have ATC, and if one does show up, explain to him that you're trying to debug a sound problem so you can't tune his frequency. See if the error occurs.

Posted
Posted

thanks

when the crash happened to me flying on VATSIM, has always been without being attuned to any atc

I always p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed on to unicom

proves a flight now offline, having that happen.

is very rare because it is not always in the same place or path is random, but always in the thread 3.

in the other crash report that I have saved always puts THREAD 3

I say if I am to go again

thanks Wade!!