You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSquawkBox 1.0.3 available

Wade Williams 877539

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

• 1 month later...
Jeff Smith 1153134
Posted
Posted

I downloaded this as my pilot client, I load up X-Plane and it says I have no plug-ins...What am I doing wrong?

Thanks to those who reply.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Hi Jeff,

did you follow the instructions to copy the XSB Plug-in into the plugins folder and the XSB resources also into the same folder? Tell us what steps you have taken so it will be helpful for us to reply to the problem. And btw, does XPlane work otherwise without any problems?

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Jeff Smith 1153134
Posted
Posted

-Update- I followed the instructions and copied the contents of the plug-in folder into my X-Plane plug-in folder and it works now, I tried connecting earlier and everything worked fine except for my headset. I had a text chat with one of the guys on the same frequency and he told me to check my PTT settings? I have my mic configured and set up, I've ran mic tests and everything seems fine...I had to add a transponder to the cockpit of the plane I was planning to fly, so maybe without it that might of been the problem? Or I might not of actually been on the right frequency?...

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

if I am not mistaken, the .xpdr or .x command should set one for you, irrespective of the fact that the acft has a xpdr or not, italicized as I have my doubts, still worth testing. Either way, xpdr has nothing to do with your ability to communicate with an ATC, only your radios.

BTW, if you depart a non-Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] A/B/C airport on VFR you don't need a xpdr although it doesn't hurt to have one, atleast to sqk 1200 .

Jeff Smith 1153134
Posted
Posted

And I can use this .xpdr or .x command in X-Plane to set up a PTT?

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Negative... The PTT has to be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned from the XSquawkbox plugin settings. It enables you to talk on your tuned frequency to ATC which you can set either by using radios or the "/" command.../123.35 or /120.5.

The .xpdr commands sets the acft's squawkcode on VATSIM, if your acft has a xpdr you will see that change to that number.

I think this statement must 've confused you:

Either way, xpdr has nothing to do with your ability to communicate with an ATC, only your radios
It should've read:

xpdr has nothing to do with your ability to communicate with an ATC, only your radios can do that. (sorry )

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

The PTT is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned through the XSquawkBox preferences dialog. There's a "Push-to-talk key" [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment and a "Push-to-talk button" [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment. You use the former if you're setting up a key on your keyboard to be your PTT. You use the latter if you're going to use a button on your joystick.

Jeff Smith 1153134
Posted
Posted

Ahh, ok...I'm starting to pick up on this now, I appreciate the help guys.