You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can groups of labels be given names?

Karl Kornel 964857

Karl Kornel 964857
Posted
Posted

Good evening!

I wonder, is there any way to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a name to a specific group of labels in EuroScope? For example, I know that EuroScope recognizes "REGIONNAME"; is there something similar for labels?

A. Karl Kornel - vZID C1, FE, and Mentor

Smoke Bomb! POOF

Karl Kornel 964857
Posted
Posted

Sorry, maybe I should rephrase my question a bit

I have a .sct2 file from VRC, and it has some entries in the [LABELS] section. EuroScope appears to treat all of the entries in the [LABELS] section as a single free text entry with the name "SCT2". Is there a way that I can change the name from "SCT2" to something else, and is there a way for me to group the [LABELS] entries, so they can appear as different free text entries?

Smoke Bomb! POOF

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

Instead of using the lebels in the .SCT file, find the entry called freetext in the .ESE file and then put your entries in there, if i understand what you want to appear.

for example

[FREETEXT]

;EGBB

N052.39.19.645:W002.00.33.887:Airspace Bases:3500'

Lat : Long : Description to appear in freetext drop down : what you want to appear

N052.39.19.645 : W002.00.33.887 : EGBB Airspace Bases : 3500'

non-discript self importance signature

Karl Kornel 964857
Posted
Posted
Instead of using the lebels in the .SCT file, find the entry called freetext in the .ESE file and then put your entries in there, if i understand what you want to appear.

Hi David,

Yup, that's definitely right, and I actually do that for alot of text stuff. However, there are some things in our VRC .sct2 file that are stored as [LABELS]. I would like to keep them (those [LABELS] entries) there (in the .sct2 file; because VRC controllers use them), and would like them to be known by some appropriate name in EuroScope (the reason why I submitted this topic), and I would like to keep the number of differences between the VRC & EuroScope sector files as small as possible.

Smoke Bomb! POOF