You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

STARS datablock

Daniel Hawton

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

No, real world STARS doesn't have a "temporary altitude" block. However, VRC shows it on my end on every 3rd rotation (current alt, scratch pad, [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned cruise/temp altitude, scratch pad, current alt, etc.).

Christopher Mauro
Posted
Posted

STARS does not show the temporary altitude on any rotation of the data block.

Chris Mauro

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

It does in VRC is what I was getting at. Real world it definitely does not as there is no function to set it (you can modify the FP, but that doesn't change the information in the data block).

Christopher Mauro
Posted
Posted

That is weird, because on the rotations, when tracking an aircraft, you have their indicated altitude on the bottom left, but the only things that should rotate are the scratchpad, groundspeed, and aircraft type.

Chris Mauro

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It does in VRC is what I was getting at. Real world it definitely does not as there is no function to set it (you can modify the FP, but that doesn't change the information in the data block).

You might be thinking of another datablock type, because the STARS mode in VRC does not display temporary altitude anywhere. (I just searched the source code to confirm.)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Christopher Mauro
Posted
Posted

You might be thinking of another datablock type, because the STARS mode in VRC does not display temporary altitude anywhere. (I just searched the source code to confirm.)

You always want to be thorough

Chris Mauro

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

It was doing it for me earlier, I could swear. Either that or the pilot was jumping a few thousand feet each cycle of the data block. Knowing some pilots in the Seattle airspace, it wouldn't surprise me though.