You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Helicopters in the in-built sim

Stefan Blauw

Stefan Blauw
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

Is there any possibility to let helicopters take-off and land at any position? For example, we have a medical helicopter that shall land on the soil when an accident has happend somewhere. It however seems to me that aircraft can only land via an ILS approach. Same goes for take-off: it would be nice to have a 'lift off/land' option for helicopters only.

... or is there another way to do this?

Stefan

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

For the moment no. There was a similar request, search it in this forum and see what G has answered.

Stefan Blauw
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your quick answer. I have found Gergely's answer. Hopefully it might come in some update .

Stefan

Steve Hall 988156
Posted
Posted

Yes I really hope that this can be implemented at some stage. Helis are really good for creating conflicts for training. They can take off instantly and have a huge speed range. I use them all the time in Tower trainer/VRC to create a potential conflict situation.

It would also be great to have circuit commands similar to TWRtrainer/VRC (basically set and forget).