You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Adjacent sectors

Steve Hall 988156

Steve Hall 988156
Posted
Posted

Please excuse my ignorance as I am new to this program. When working a sector and an adjacent sector comes online that new sector should show up as being an active sector and the COP sector line illuminate. Is this behaviour determined by the sector file or ESE file or a combination of both? I am [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming that the sector file just displays the different control areas pictorially with the ESE file determining hierarchy and ownership and to cause an inactive sector to illuminate when it becomes active. Am I on the right track here?

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

I have not seen this behaviour, wonder what setting I have wrong.

Mark.

847924.png

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Well, it's most likely a problem within the ESE file and not with your settings, but without knowing what ESE you are using, that is really hard to say

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

It could also be that you've missed the line. I didn't notice until yesterday there's a diffrence between the standard line and the active hand-off line (the hand-off line is just a little bit thicker, that's the only diffrence in my setup).

Try and start a simulator server and see what happens when you start and stop simulating diffrent adjacent sectors (that's how I noticed the diffrence anyhow )

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Johan,

What works for you may not work for others, as you are refering to the Symbology setup, not the actual ESE contents.

Else, note that a wrong callsign or frequency in the POSITIONS segment may also cause wrong visual border behaviour, as well as errors within SECTOR and SECTORLINE.

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted
Johan,

What works for you may not work for others, as you are refering to the Symbology setup, not the actual ESE contents.

Else, note that a wrong callsign or frequency in the POSITIONS segment may also cause wrong visual border behaviour, as well as errors within SECTOR and SECTORLINE.

Very true, I was just trying to say that it might be working, just that it's really hard to notice (because of the symbology settings). Sorry if I was a bit unclear, but I think you get my point?

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia