You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Monitoring ATIS ofr another controller

Romano Lara

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Is it possible to monitor an ATIS recorded by another controller by configuring the RX and HDST in the comms panel? I've tried this numerous times before but it just doesn't work out. Although I've heard from others you can actually do it. Not entirely sure how, and if it can be monitored by simply ticking a couple of box on the comms panel just like how you would to any other controlled frequency.

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Is it possible to monitor an ATIS recorded by another controller by configuring the RX and HDST in the comms panel? I've tried this numerous times before but it just doesn't work out. Although I've heard from others you can actually do it. Not entirely sure how, and if it can be monitored by simply ticking a couple of box on the comms panel just like how you would to any other controlled frequency.

Yes, you can set up a comms panel entry to listen in (or even transmit) on an ATIS frequency. VRC won't let you create a comms panel entry with the same frequency as you have configured for voice ATIS on the ATIS panel though.

Honestly, the best way to monitor a voice ATIS is to right click the ATIS in the controller list and choose "monitor", just as if you were doing a ground-to-ground monitor of another controller.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC