You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ES crash with new airway.txt

Hans Utne 813128

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but when I downloaded latest Navigraph FSNavigator FMC file set, and copied airway.txt into the DataFiles folder, ES refused to connect, and froze.

This was repeated numerous times until I replaced the airway.txt file with previous 1003 version.

Anyone else with similar experience?

Am using Win7/64, not having had any problems with previous navdata versions.

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Most likly the file has something wrong in it. Can you send it to me to check it (I don't have the new file).

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Todor,

See PM.

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

It works OK for me Hans. Can you test if you have the correct rights for that file, also see if the ICAO.txt is there, as ES is looking for it when loading the airways.txt.

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Hm, sorry to see it works ok for you

Note that the only change I made from previous sessions was to update the airway.txt file, all other settings remained as before, no changes at all. And, this is what surprised me, that I suddenly should have issues with this perticular file. Ah well, will continue local testing, and if I do find anything, I'll let you know.

Thanks.

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Todor & all,

After yet another reload of the updated airway.txt file (1004), everything works perfectly. I have no idea or clue to what caused the original problems, but at least it is now working as it should.

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Sorry Todor, we are back to square one on this one. ES is locking up again.

A possible theory, based on another report on airway with wrong data in the latest release (ref Navigraph forum). Could it be that IF an online user is active with that specific airway, that the problem could occur, else not? Just a question

And yes, I do have Show Simulated ON.

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted

I've experienced the same as Hans...

I've been using the the latest airways AIRAC for a few days now, without any problems. But today ES crashed while loading the airways.txt file...

When I replaced the latest AIRAC for an older one, the problem was solved and ES started as expected...

Eivind

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

And, to follow up my freezing issue.

Setting "ShowSimulatedData" to OFF (or 0) solves the issue, without changing the "airways.txt" file.

Setting "ShowSimulatedData" to ON (or 1) while ES is closed down, the issue occurs as soon as I try to connect, or immediately following a connect to server (depending how far ES has come in the startup phase (loading of data).

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Yep I can confirm it, just did one test and ES froze on downloading the static data with loaded Airac 1004. Will look into the txt file.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hans and Eivind, test with this file and tell me if you still have problems with ES => Edit (link removed by me)

Edited by Guest

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

You can not publically post an AIRAC, navigraph might not like that It's better to send such links privately.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

I always forget about that Thanks for pointing it out Stephan

For every one who is having the same problem, remove all records of UR775 from the airway.txt and test it.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Can someone post a FP to here that causes the crash. I would check if I can avoid it even if the datafile is not correct.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Gergely,

As I started this topic, I can only say that I have not seen a flightplan causing the issue, only happened when logging on and using "Show simulated ........."

As Todor nailed down which airway it was, maybe he has more info, or can give you an example?

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC