You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC cant connect to voice

Shane Reeves 1145262

Shane Reeves 1145262
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I have set up my VRC and configured my audio devices properly. However when it comes to clicking the HDST tick box to hear the controllers the box grays for a second and then goes back to white. It stays with text only.

I have searched for this problem elsewhere and cannot seem to find a solution so i was hoping someone may be able to help me out here.

I tried the same thing on my laptop to ensure it wasnt my computer and the same problem arose. I have also tried reinstalling several times and it is always running as administrator

Anyhelp would be greatly aprpeciated,

Shane

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

you need to have the same server address and room in your comm panel.

Shane Reeves 1145262
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply. What do you mean by same server adress and room? Also if the server adress is the voice url that the controller is on where can i find the 'room'?

Cheers,

Shane

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

right click on the controller that you're trying to listen to and click request ATIS it'll show you the vox server and Channel(room) that they are using. if you're setting up for a session of controlling check with your FIR/Artcc SOPs to see if there is a specific room they perfer you use and input it.

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

also youll want to push the speaker, SPKR, checkmark. not the headset one. you dont want to mistakenly transmit.

the SPKR one acts the same way as right clicking on the controller and selecting monitor.

Shane Reeves 1145262
Posted
Posted

OK i have done this and now the box stays gray for longer but then still goes back to unchecked.

Also i am only trying to observe a controller.

Shane

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

what OS are you using?

Richard Gerrish

Shane Reeves 1145262
Posted
Posted

Windows 7 32bit

Shane

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

if you can take a couple screen shots of your audio set up and your comm setup and we'll go from there. all else fails I might be able to setup a remote troubleshooting link and see if I can help that way

Richard Gerrish

Shane Reeves 1145262
Posted
Posted

Ahhhaaa i have got it working It has only taken me most of the day! I feel so stupid i got the vox channel and server around the wrong way and was inputting the wrong data into the wrong boxes.

I am so sorry to have wasted your time and thanks for taking the trouble to help me out

Shane

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

its all good. we're happy to help. Happy observing

Richard Gerrish

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
also youll want to push the speaker, SPKR, checkmark. not the headset one. you dont want to mistakenly transmit.

the SPKR one acts the same way as right clicking on the controller and selecting monitor.

Just a note of correction here ... you can mistakenly transmit whether you have SPKR or HDST selected. That just selects your *output* device ... your input device (microphone) stays the same regardless of your choice.

And SPKR is not the same as right clicking a controller and selecting monitor. Monitor is a peer-to-peer (ground-to-ground) voice connection where you hear everything the other controller hears. That's very different from listening in on an air-to-ground frequency, which is what selecting SPKR or HDST does.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 8 years later...
alex anderson 1377121
Posted
Posted

I had the same problem (I confused Vox Server with Vox Channel).

Thanks for the help

alex anderson 1377121
Posted
Posted

I had the same problem (I confused Vox Server with Vox Channel).

Thanks for the help