You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ASSR Not Updating

Michael Bonanno 984105

Michael Bonanno 984105
Posted
Posted

Hey All,

I've been having an issue with EuroScope lately that I can not seem to sort out.

I am using C-mode correlation, correlation distance of 100nm, and realistic radar.

Scenario of my issue:

Pilot enters my airspace squawking 2200, on flight planned course. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a code of 0510, for arguments sake. Once the pilot enters this code, the change is not reflected on my radar screen though, and it therefore does not correlate. My radar screen will continue to show the pilot on a code of 2200, even though i know for sure they have changed it.

The [Mod - Happy Thoughts]R code they're on does not actually update until I manually correlate the aircraft to the flight plan. When this is done, it shows the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned [Mod - Happy Thoughts]R and the actual [Mod - Happy Thoughts]R as matching. This is a very weird issue which I can't seem to sort out.

Help would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Michael Bonanno, VATSIM Supervisor

vatcan%20logo%2087x30.gifvatsim%2082x30.gif

Karl Kornel 964857
Posted
Posted

I think I have seen this issue, but only intermittently. First, though, I want to verify something: When you say "realistic radar", what do you mean? Do you mean that you have the "simulate radar coverage and outage" option turned on, or do you mean something else?

Anyway, although I believe I have seen this, it is not something I see very regularly. I suggest trying one thing: When you give the aircraft a new transponder code, tell the aircraft to "squawk XXXX and ident". I have found that the ident flash will cause EuroScope to properly correlate the aircraft.

A. Karl Kornel - vZID C1, FE, and Mentor

Smoke Bomb! POOF

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Michael can you send me a log file with the problem?

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

I wonder if it is an issue with the CZYZ ESE file because I have the same issue, same airspace. I generally click on the aircraft and manually correlate each time, actually I thought from Jean-Frederick that this was the way you had to do it.

Mark.

847924.png

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted

As does Karl, I see this problem, but irregularly. And I only use one mode of radar identification, and don't use squawk ident as regularly as the other.

Jody Turner - I1

Toronto FIR - Facility Engineer

8942.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

OK guys, please someone who is having that problem, make a log file and send it to support(_at_)euroscope.hu

• 2 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I am not sure if this is really an ES issue or not. I have seen cases when even the pilot set the correct squawk value I received the original one from the servers. Of course in this case ES thinks that the SQ value is still the original one. If someone has a LOG then we can see what SQ value was sent by the servers.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Jean-Frederik Dion 819740
Posted
Posted

You guys are all gonna love the Auto-log feature from the upcoming 3.2 release...

What else can I say... It happens very often that manual correlation is needed because of the fact that so much airspace is so often uncontrolled. That's part of the game. As for the ESE file well, nothing in that file has anything to do with correlation itself or could lead to such result.

Notice that [Mod - Happy Thoughts]R stands for [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned SSR code, and PSSR (what G called SQ value) is the code that is received by a SSR antenna's Mode A (or sent by the pilot's client in VATSIM).