You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Philadelphia Showing Up in ZDC

Daniel Oordt

Daniel Oordt
Posted
Posted

Philadelphia (KPHL) shows up under ZDC Washington when it's actually in ZNY New York. This shows misleading traffic for ZDC.

Daniel Oordt - OD

• FIR Chief - CZVR Vancouver

//// United Airlines. It's Time To Fly.

banner.png

In loving memory of Dominic Durden

Stephen Richey 985064
Posted
Posted

And this is an issue why?

ZLA Pilot Cert I-03

sigpic4332_2.jpg

Daniel Oordt
Posted
Posted

Because it should be in the proper ARTCC. It shows 35 planes for ZDC when 15 of those are in ZNY, which leads pilots to call up Washington Center for clearance from PHL. Would make it a lot more convenient.

Daniel Oordt - OD

• FIR Chief - CZVR Vancouver

//// United Airlines. It's Time To Fly.

banner.png

In loving memory of Dominic Durden

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

My Current Hi Enroute Chart H9/H10 shows KPHL about 10nm inside DC Airspace, not NY. Not sure how accurate these are supposed to be, but this is not one downloaded off a website. It's the actual chart that I purchased and can be used for RW navigation.

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Jason Baxter 920557
Posted
Posted

The high altitude boundary wouldn't apply since that shows airspace above FL180, however the low chart shows the same. However the A/FD published by the FAA credits ZNY as the controlling ARTCC.

CS13_Sig_D.jpg

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

I regret we follow simple geometry, not manuals. If an airport is geometrically within an ARTCC, it will show there.

I'd rather not make manual corrections such as "Philadelphia always in ZNY", because it would affect aircraft on the ground - and as soon as they depart they would come up in the geometrically correct area.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Adrian Barnett 1037621
Posted
Posted
- and as soon as they depart they would come up in the geometrically correct area.

Michal

Not quite...considering Philadelphia TRACON (which is part of the New York ARTCC) owns up to 13000' in some areas and up 12000' in other. And depending if they're going North or South out of the Philadelphia TRACON, to the North is NY_CTR, and to the South is DC_CTR.

i7-4770K CPU 3.5GHz / 32GB RAM / Win7 Ultimate / EVGA GEFORCE GTX780

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

I only have one ARTCC sector boundary, no differentiation by altitude.

Michal

vroute.net founder