You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ACSim just keeps crashing...

Matthew Spencer

Matthew Spencer
Posted
Posted

Using Vista 32 bit, this happens with XP Compatibility mode and without, with Boston's A90 and G90 .sct files, with light traffic and the heaviest. It's very annoying, because it stops me from instructing.

UAC is turned off. It is not run as an administrator because all that jazz is turned off and everything is automatically run with admin rights. One user profile, antivirus turned off.

Any ideas?

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: ACSim.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 44037212

Fault Module Name: StackHash_381d

Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005

Fault Module Timestamp: 49e03821

Exception Code: c0000374

Exception Offset: 000afaf8

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 381d

Additional Information 2: c1a9411b34144a86cb557d945bb42b48

Additional Information 3: 50da

Additional Information 4: 4e4389cbeafbd663900fda65f29f133f

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Regards,

Matthew Spencer (SP)

vZBW Training Administrator emeritus

1088911.png

Rahul Parkar
Posted
Posted

Well, in Vista... as I Found out first hand, UAC is never off.... make sure you give the "run as adminitrator" a chance... you know, the whole right click saga ..... Sorry This is the best thing I can think of.

Rahul Parkar

"On second thoughts Nappa, catch it, catch it with your teeth" -- Vegeta

Professional Nerd. (Professionally not professional)

Matthew Spencer
Posted
Posted
Well, in Vista... as I Found out first hand, UAC is never off.... make sure you give the "run as adminitrator" a chance... you know, the whole right click saga ..... Sorry This is the best thing I can think of.

I don't recall that working either...

Will try it again.

Regards,

Matthew Spencer (SP)

1088911.png

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

It certainly worked for me on Vista 32bit (SP1) but it does need both XP Compatability and Run As Administrator ticked (with UAC on)

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted

Matt, try renaming the elevation.txt file. I just removed the txt extension. You will get a warning message when you first start it up but the prgram still runs. It's what I had to do to keep it from crashing.

Ira

Ira Robinson

Matthew Spencer
Posted
Posted
Matt, try renaming the elevation.txt file. I just removed the txt extension. You will get a warning message when you first start it up but the prgram still runs. It's what I had to do to keep it from crashing.

Ira

Ira for the win!

Worked, now I just suffer the same problem 30% of my instructors suffered... not following GS, aircraft going through the airport, but ACSim WORKS!

Regards,

Matthew Spencer (SP)

1088911.png

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted

Ira

Ira for the win!

Worked, now I just suffer the same problem 30% of my instructors suffered... not following GS, aircraft going through the airport, but ACSim WORKS!

Glad it worked. Yea I have that same problem sometimes too. But not always which makes it hard to diagnose.

Ira

Ira Robinson