You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Syria?

Semir Gebran

Semir Gebran
Posted
Posted

I have found a post on the forum from 2009 about a "VATSIM Syria in the works" but as i checked vatme.net I did not find any information or links to it, so whatever happened to the announced Syrian area?

Thanks!

Thomas Carter
Posted
Posted

As far as i am aware this VACC within the Middle East is inactive, but i will find out what is happening

Thomas Carter

Semir Gebran
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your help. I am myself a new member to VATSIM but would have interest in this particular VACC and would like to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist if need be.

As far as i am aware this VACC within the Middle East is inactive, but i will find out what is happening

Matt Booker
Posted
Posted

Syria is under the Damascus FIR (OSTT) and belongs to the VATSIM Middle East Division

Matt Booker
VATSIM Supervisor | Team 2 Lead

unnamed.png.9c373918856698c30d9103fb632eabff.png[email protected]

Semir Gebran
Posted
Posted

I have never seen it controlled for the duration of my membership ( a few weeks ) What does it take to make it active? a controller willing to work that area?

Syria is under the Damascus FIR (OSTT) and belongs to the VATSIM Middle East Division

Matt Booker
Posted
Posted
What does it take to make it active? a controller willing to work that area?

That's correct! If you're interested email our Division Director director(at)vatme.net

Matt Booker
VATSIM Supervisor | Team 2 Lead

unnamed.png.9c373918856698c30d9103fb632eabff.png[email protected]

Semir Gebran
Posted
Posted
That's correct! If you're interested email our Division Director director(at)vatme.net

I am very much interested, especially that my current region and FIR does not seem to have a problem manning the airspace, which cannot be said for Syria and the middle east ( looking at VATS-SPY and VROUTE )

Does it make sense to contact the Divsion Director? Being new I obviously lack controller training so I will not be able to get down to business, and I would need to change the region first.

What would be the best to do? Changing the region to do the training with vatme or training with my current FIR and then switching regions?