You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Park Air mode

Luke Cunningham

Luke Cunningham
Posted
Posted

Would it be possible to have the aircraft blip display in the same way as it does with Park Air mode? I understand you can change how the blips look but look s bit of a daunting task but can it be done?

Luke Cunningham

Senior Controller

VATSIM United Kingdom

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

Todor is finalising a plug in that will enable this to be modelled I think, as well as providing the intention codes to go in the tags.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Luke

You can make the blips look anyway you want. Also you can make as many adjust ments as you want until you get it looking as you want. It will do know damage to the default tags as they are hard coded into Euroscope so have a go at editing, once you understand the editing conventions it's relatively easy to do.

Look at how a blip is created and try adjusting a few values to see what happens.

My blips in the SMR mode look like little aircraft but solid not line drawings, I didn't create them but I understand how they are done.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

• 4 weeks later...
Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted
Todor is finalising a plug in that will enable this to be modelled I think, as well as providing the intention codes to go in the tags.

Any update on this?

I've been trying to recreate the history trail and its sort of looking right.

atc1o.png

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

weeks (days) rather than months

non-discript self importance signature

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

Hu?

atc1o.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

The plug-in will be combined with Craig's UK [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant Plug-in....so stay toned

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

Any chance of a sneak peak ?

Please!

atc1o.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted
Nope

excellent, this made me laugh out loud, well done Todor. Apply the Leveld model, it's ready when it's ready.

Wycliffe

atc5o.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

The reason is because the plugin is divided in to two parts of code, and we haven't combine it yes, so you simply can't see anything.

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

thats why i answered with this statement, timelines and date only cause problems if they are not met, and people ask loads of questions.

non-discript self importance signature

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

I know. Doesn't stop us drooling and slavering at the mouth though!

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

• 8 months later...
Scott Diamond 1001574
Posted
Posted

Hi, sorry to bump an old topic but is there any advancement on this? I have a few pictures of the Park Air radar returns if they're of much use.

Cheers

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Scott

have you not got Craigs plug in. The history trails have been completed and I believe the blip is modified also. mind you i have planes on the grd and a blip once airborne my understanding is thatthey replicate many of the new systems in place in the UK.

Wycliffe

atc5o.png

Luke Cunningham
Posted
Posted

Wycliffe,

They don't simulate park air at all. The trail is modified, then blip isn't. We are talking about having the trail + blip replicated in the style of park air, which is completely different to what we know on Euroscope.

Luke

Luke Cunningham

Senior Controller

VATSIM United Kingdom

Scott Diamond 1001574
Posted
Posted

Hi Wycliffe,

Yes I have got his UK [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant plugin - that allows the simulation of NODE radar mode, which is used in London Terminal Control, Manchester TMA and Scottish En-Route ATC.

Park Air systems, however, are extensively in use throughout UK approach positions. I have got the tags and correlation bang on, the only thing I need completed now are the primary returns and one is sorted. Basically the Park Air radar screens allow the controller to turn on primary trails, which show as a defined colour (usually yellow for recent return, then green for gradually retreating returns like in VRC). If you see this picture around the 30seconds mark you will understand what I'm on about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-C7O0CuC0g

Also this image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tubthumper/1093274322/sizes/l/in/set-72157602899447485/

And this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14223577@N03/4013867353/sizes/l/in/photostream/

And here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14223577@N03/4017350409/sizes/z/in/photostream/

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Alexander Jefferies 945991
Posted
Posted

Hi Scott,

FYI All those pics are of RDS1600 by the late Flight Refuelling company, but the principle is the same as a Park Air display.

Alex

South West RTS Manager

VATSIM United Kingdom