You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

King Shaka and Durban

Lee Harman 951361

Lee Harman 951361
Posted
Posted

Hi Everyone,

As of 31st April 2010 Durban International (FADN) will no longer be served by VATSAF due to the Real World Durban in Closed for Good and a new airport was opened King Shaka International (FALE).

All downloads for FS9 & FSX available on Avsim, courteous of Pierre Cornelissen & Mundus Yssel

X-Plane Scenery is being created as I write this message by Alex Porterfield and will be available soon.

The Charts are available from

CAA ILS Arrivals

Approach and Departure Charts

If there are any problems please do not hesitate to contact me

lee[@]vatsim.net

Lee R. Harman

Cyprus vACC Events Co-Ordinator

[email protected]

Albert King 819640
Posted
Posted

Thanks Lee,

Are APMAT & BIGSA, for example, new intersections because I don't see them in the GPS of FS9 or FSX. Likewise, NDB's LE1N2 & LE1T1 are not there. How does one address this?

Regards

Albert King

BAW102

Regards

Albert King

BAW102

Lee Harman 951361
Posted
Posted
Thanks Lee,

Are APMAT & BIGSA, for example, new intersections because I don't see them in the GPS of FS9 or FSX. Likewise, NDB's LE1N2 & LE1T1 are not there. How does one address this?

Hi Albert,

These are the new Waypoints at the moment there are no updates to GPS but will try and sort something out in the very near future.

We at the moment have to fly 100% on the charts until the updates are made. Sorry

If you have downloaded the updated scenery from Avsim they should be updated if not please let me know and I'll try and sort something out

if you have Payware aircraft like PMDG the updates are in the Airac 1004 and onwards.

Rgds

Lee R. Harman

Cyprus vACC Events Co-Ordinator

[email protected]

Albert King 819640
Posted
Posted

Hi Lee,

Thanks, I'll keep watching out for the updates. I have downloaded the scenery from Avsim and I don't see any reference to the new intersections. At least not from what I can see anyway.

BTW I have recently (Dec 09) bought PMDG 747 but it's a very steep learning curve and really struggling. The latest Airac I have is 1003 but no idea yet how to use the FMS.

Regards

Albert King

BAW102