You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Windows 7 64 Bit, FS9 - Scenery Problems

Santiago Rangel 898413

Santiago Rangel 898413
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble installing scenery on my new computer. I installed fs9 with no problems, then I started installing all of my scenery and that'a when things went sour.

What happens is, I install Scenery A and B. Everything looks good, they show up on my scenery library and fs9 says I has to restart. I restart, the new scenery disappears from my scenery list buuut it works just that one time. As soon as I close fs9 it gets deleted.

I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Any clue on how to get past this....I really want to start simming on my new computer.

Thanks,

Santiago

"Aviation is proof, that given the will, we can achieve the impossible"

----------------

VATSIM C1 Controller

Real World Commercial Pilot

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

One thing that immediately comes to mind is the installation with admin privileges. Are you sure your FS9 is running as administrator, that your FS9 folder has admin priveleges for your user id, are you installing the scenery as an administrator?

If you don't mind, try turning off UAC and see if that helps alleviate the problem. Of course if you already had it off, then it might be moot.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Santiago Rangel 898413
Posted
Posted

Problem Solved!

Although my account is an administrator one and I was running FS9 as administrator, it turns out that the scenery folder didn't have the option of modifying files activated so as soon as i turned of my computer they were erased.

Thanks for your tip,

Santiago.

"Aviation is proof, that given the will, we can achieve the impossible"

----------------

VATSIM C1 Controller

Real World Commercial Pilot

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Cool..glad your problem is resolved!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1