You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CSL nested folders

Jordan Krushen 1135174

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted

Do all the folders in XSquawkBox Resources\CSL\ need to contain the xsb_aircraft.txt in their immediate children, or can they be nested further (is the search recursive)?

For example, if CSL\folder_a\AIRBUS\xsb_aircraft.txt exists, can it be further nested again, as in: CSL\folder_a\folder_b\AIRBUS\xsb_aircraft.txt ?

I've been busy downloading collections, and am wondering if they all have to go into the top-level CSL folder, or if I can otherwise organize them.

Also, the folders simply need to be put in alphabetical order to prioritize their loading, correct?

8942.png

Chris Kawchuk 1129097
Posted
Posted

I believe XSB does not recurse into nested directories - as someone had an issue doing that.

However, wade would have the final say on that.

- CK.

BTW - as for my CSL library - I'm working on something via OpensceneryX to re-use all the aircraft in there as CSLs... so stay tuned. Gotta muck around with OBJ7 vs OBJ8 formats tho.

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted

I've moved all the folders containing xsb_aircraft.txt files directly under CSL\ now, but XSB takes quite some time to load, then I'm getting told that there was an error initializing XSB, and to check error.out. error.out, however, doesn't exist on my system. X-Plane 9\Log.txt exists, but doesn't show anything XSB-related. Do I need to enable error reporting somewhere to determine what XSB isn't happy with, or am I simply looking in the wrong place? I tried touching error.out in the main X-Plane folder to no avail.

XSB was happy before I added a ton of CSLs today, so it must be related.

X-Plane 9.5, OS X 10.6.3

[update] turns out Log.txt does have the XSB error log; I was able to sort it out. Still takes a while to load now, though

8942.png

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

XSB loading time increases with every CSL loaded. At some point I'll have time to implement threaded loading to improve load times, but I don't expect to get to it for some time.

• 1 month later...
Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
XSB loading time increases with every CSL loaded. At some point I'll have time to implement threaded loading to improve load times, but I don't expect to get to it for some time.

As a possible alternative:

Does the plugin, at init time, have the ability to tell whether or not the PTT is being pressed? Sometimes I find that I want to go online rapidly and don't want to wait the minute or two for XSB to load all my CSLs, or I want to fly offline and don't want to wait either, and my only option currently to avoid the delay is to move/rename the CSL folder.

Would it be possible to have the ability to just hold PTT on startup, and if the button is pressed, have XSB skip the CSL loading part?

8942.png

Chris Kawchuk 1129097
Posted
Posted
Would it be possible to have the ability to just hold PTT on startup, and if the button is pressed, have XSB skip the CSL loading part?

Hold down [CONTROL] just after X-Plane Starts. A pop-up window asks "Do you want to disable Xsquawkbox Yes/No".

(Or it might be [OPTION] or [ALT].. Cant remember off the top of my head... =P...).

Anyways, one of those keys does it as X-Plane loads. I think it's Control.

- CK.

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted

Hold down [CONTROL] just after X-Plane Starts. A pop-up window asks "Do you want to disable Xsquawkbox Yes/No".

Thanks, that's cool to know! It's close to what I'm after, but I don't want to disable XSB altogether — I'd often still like to be able to go online, but skip having the CSLs being loaded.

But I'm guessing that if the above is possible, what I mentioned may be, too..

8942.png