You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sound Issues

James Barnaby 1067268

James Barnaby 1067268
Posted
Posted

Recently I was on VATSIM but encountered some serious sound issues which made me need to end my flight prematurely. For some odd reason when I had changed from the ground frequency to the tower frequency at atlanta, suddenly I could barely hear everyone's voices, and the volume was incredibly quiet and could barely be heard over the sound of my engines, rather than before where I could clearly hear everyone at a decent volume.

I am using FSX on Windows 7 Pro.

Let me know if there's anymore information you guys would need to help.

EDIT: would this belong under FSInn possibly, as that is what I am using?

VATUSA, vZAU S2 / ORD Major Cert.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Did you happen to switch back to GND freq and see if your vox loss was the same? Your headset doesn't have a vol ctrl on it does it? You can adjust some volumes from the control panel for both FSInn and Windows Sound devices, you may try some combinations to see if it helps. While some have been affected by FSInn (though not directly it's fault) it is usually consistent and not picky about ctrlrs

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

also try lowering the volume of your engine sounds in your FS settings to see, can probably be your sound card trying to balance out the sounds.